My humble opinion...
In my opinion, PCSX2 is the worst emulator i've used in my life. It's not normal to need a super-computer just for a playstation 2 emulator. I can't even play Final Fantasy X at full speed with my AMD x2 3.00GHZ 4GB RAM GF8600GT, tried every possible configuration. And the people are here still becoming crazy overcoring their computers, just for an emulator that has like 10 years and no huge progresses at all. The newer versions come with a list of things that should fasten the emulator way high, but i've tested every and each version of the emulator and it's still the same slow *****.

I really recommend you to test the Dolphin emulator, for Gamecube and Wii consoles. It doesn't support every game, but the games that does, work perfectly. I've been playing for a while games like Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Tales of Symphonia and they work PERFECTLY. That's a real emulator, man.

This is my opinion, i really wish you respect it, because i respect you too.

With this post, i'm saying that i officialy quit the PS2 emulation, this emulator won't evolve much than this, and waiting for a faster and stable release is just a waste of time, and an illusion. If you wan't to play with this emulator, buy a super overclocked Nvidia TESLA with windows 95 and you'll get 60 FPS everytime.

Sorry for my poor english. Bye bye PCSX2 community.

Sponsored links

(03-12-2009, 03:06 AM)lastotaku Wrote: In my opinion, PCSX2 is the worst emulator i've used in my life.
what are you saying? Angry

(03-12-2009, 03:06 AM)lastotaku Wrote: I really recommend you to test the Dolphin emulator, for Gamecube and Wii consoles. It doesn't support every game, but the games that does, work perfectly. I've been playing for a while games like Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance and Tales of Symphonia and they work PERFECTLY. That's a real emulator, man.
don't even compare pcsx2 to any other emulator. Closedeyes

(03-12-2009, 03:06 AM)lastotaku Wrote: With this post, i'm saying that i officialy quit the PS2 emulation, this emulator won't evolve much than this, and waiting for a faster and stable release is just a waste of time, and an illusion.
bye bye. (one less person to bother the pcsx2 team that's what i think Glare )
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
That's funny, I had the opposite experience - I found dolphin to be slow and low on compatibility.

PCSX2, on the other hand, I was able to enjoy a few games on.
Though the PS2's library as compared to the gamecube's might have had something to do with that...

Anyway, you only seem to be concerned about speed, for that just get a newer computer in a few years and come back.
Last time I checked, Tales of the Abyss works excellent in PCSX2 with well over 120fps for me uncapped, yet Tales of Symphonia 2 runs horribly bugged with both graphics plugins in Dolphin, only getting about 40fps as well. I guess that makes PCSX2 the best emulator? Wrong, they're completely different emulators for completely different consoles, why bother even comparing? Also overclocking isn't a very big deal and is pretty mainstream among power users, why do you think almost every stand alone motherboard sold on the market supports it's features in depth?

Nobody cares what you think, until you code a better PS2 emulator.
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 C0 @ 4.1Ghz
Mobo: ASUS P5Q Pro (2048Mhz FSB)
RAM: 8GB PC2-8500 DDR2
Video: Radeon HD 4850 512MB @ 790/1990mhz
Sound: ASUS Xonar DX, Alessandro MS-1 headphones
I didn't want to create a fight, that was my opinion. But you only show the kind of egoist people you are, not respecting the opinion of others.

My opinion is based in my experience. And in my experience, i got MUCH BETTER results emulating Wii and Gamecube than PS2.

Bye Bye
lastotaku doesn't understand technology. Let this topic die.
This thread was clearly started to incite flaming. Anytime someone spews insults and follows with a clause that fighting back is being "disrespectful to my opinion," it is a childish method of inciting a flame war for which the original poster can be the only "winner" via his own self-proclaimed escape clauses and rules of forum conduct.

It's a bit like when you try to play tag football with the school bully and every time you almost beat him at something he changes the rules to be back in his favor.

Closed.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team