Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My laptop xps m1730 help plz
I have a dell xps m1730, intel core 2 duo 2.4ghz, 4 gigs of ram, and dual 8700m gt video cards. Im just trying to get the best graphics i can squeeze out of my machine. But whatever i do i have to run the graphics in native mode. Im using pcsx2 beta 1888. I need help on configuring my settings. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Im trying to play devil may cry 3.

Sponsored links

Quote:dual 8700m gt video cards
that's your problem.
if you want to keep playable speeds, keep playing in native res. Thos mobile GPUs are a little bit slow for pcsx2.
your cpu's a bit slow too.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
DEVIL MAY CRY 3 IS ON PC TOO SO PLAY IT ON PC
(05-26-2010, 10:07 AM)biplav91 Wrote: DEVIL MAY CRY 3 IS ON PC TOO SO PLAY IT ON PC

If he has the PS2 version, just explain me why he would have to buy the same game twice ?
And please don't write in caps.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
Your best bet is to apply as many speedhacks as possible without breaking the game. Have you tried with all speedhacks (careful with that VU stealing)? The FPS reading may be false, so you'll have to take away speedhacks until the game "feels" right. I'll just throw a random guess out here for you:

Use 2x Cycle Rate (EE)
INTC Sync Hack
Enable IOP 2x Cycle Rate
VU Cycle Stealing on "Moderate speed up..."

There's settings you might end up with, anyway. Not sure if it'll break or could be faster at that. Also, I understand setting "Clamp modes" to "None" may help some games. Either way, "Native" is your friend. Smile
Devil may cry 3 on pc is terrible by the way. Only a handful of gamepads work with the game. My friend let me borrow all three devil may cry games for ps2. So i have the game running mode in dx 9 now, at 800x600 d3d internal res (no more native mode). Not sure how much of a stepup that is from native mode. But dx9 looks way better than dx10 graphical wise. I have it on blend bff (slight blur 1/2 fps), stretch, with allow 8bit textures, logarithmic Z, alpha correction and in windowed mode. With a slight drop in fps (50 fps) which isnt to bad. I put the speed hacks on, excpet VU stealing which causes the game to slow down. I hope i found the sweet spot for my computer !
Disable allow 8bit textures to increase speed in emulating the games.
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G