[MyConfig] Running Tales of the Abyss flawlessly so far (no ghosting & crashing)
Hi guys,

I just want to share my full working config, after some hours of testing with Tales of the Abyss. I'm often here to read some stuff and today I registered to share my experience with all who want. Wink Im from germany and sorry for my English, if it is bad. ^^ I use PCSX2 for some years now and it's one of my software I don't want to miss, really! One of my little hopes with PCSX2 is, that the developers can add support for more than 2 Cores someday, but I'm happy with the status quo aswell.

I had the known "fade-to-black crash" after the training at the very beginning and I had the typical and well known ghosting effect.

What I have done is to go here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
and download the newest version of PCSX2 (current: 0.9.9 r4743, worked with r4731). Always have a look at this site, sometimes there are multiple updates a day.

I don't use any Speedhacks or Gamefixes, everything except the GSdx and SPU2-X setting is on default. I get 55-60 FPS in normal places, worldmap and battles so far. And yes, no damn ghosting anymore. And the best thing is, the graphic is good too (just @ 6x native, not custom). Check my specs in my signature if needed and take a look at ingame screenshots below.

Here are two screenshots (German) of my used plugins and the config for gfx and sound:

[Image: talesoftheabyss1.gif] [Image: talesoftheabyss2.gif]

For some time I also tested the game with Speedhacks to get the constant 60 FPS, but I only used the 1st two "Other hacks" and both "microVU hacks". I left "EE Cyclerate" and "VU Cycle Stealing" untouched and got my extra FPS. But I deactivated them again, just precaution.

Two ingame screenshots of the actually game with those settings (@ 1600x1200 Fullscreen):

[Image: totag1.th.jpg] [Image: totag2.th.jpg]

I read that this ghosting can't be fixed so far. At the beginning I just used a tip from another user, to just press F9 twice (Hardware to Software mode and back) and it really helped! So if my config is the same ***** you already knew or it won't fix anything, press F9 if needed. It is really quick and the ghosting bug will vanish for some time. Wink

BTW, the TocaEdit XBox360 Controller Emulator works with PCSX2 aswell. I use it to correct my left Controller Stick, because it's moving a bit to the left from alone. This little program is the only thing which can fix that and I tried some programs. If interested, you can't set negative values inside X360CE, but I need a negative "left" value for my issue. 1st set everything inside X360CE, save and close. Now open the "x360ce.ini" and change (as an example) "Left Analog X AntiDeadZone=0" to "Left Analog X AntiDeadZone=-16000". That is for my issue only and balanced my "left-heading-stick". ^^ I'm unsure if PCSX2 use the Lilypad SVN build or X360CE, but you can hear the common X360CE injection sound at the starting of a game and the fix for my left stick works aswell, so it looks like X360CE overrides Lilypad (but it is configured too).

Oh and the easy to use "PCSX2 Profile Manager" is working aswell or is there any other way in managing configuration for different games?

Greetings and I hope this will work for some of you aswell!
My Specs @ PCSX2 1.3.1-20150827 (Git):
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula | CPU+Cooler: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3,72 Ghz (Auto-OCed by ROG) + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B (+ 2x Enermax Everest)
LED Monitor: Overlord Tempest X270OC | GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 670 JetStream | Ram: @ CL9 DDR3-1333: GSkill Flare 2x2GB + 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance

Sponsored links

(06-15-2011, 02:43 AM)messiahgov Wrote: Oh and the easy to use "PCSX2 Profile Manager" is working aswell or is there any other way in managing configuration for different games?

There is another way in the Useful links of the F.A.Q. Smile
Thanks, ones the shortcut is set, it's really easier as with the Profile Manager! Learning never stops. Wink
My Specs @ PCSX2 1.3.1-20150827 (Git):
Mainboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula | CPU+Cooler: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T BE @ 3,72 Ghz (Auto-OCed by ROG) + Prolimatech Megahalems Rev.B (+ 2x Enermax Everest)
LED Monitor: Overlord Tempest X270OC | GFX: Palit Geforce GTX 670 JetStream | Ram: @ CL9 DDR3-1333: GSkill Flare 2x2GB + 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance
Odd thing is... I never really had any issues when I was playing... The ghosting was solved for me when the scaling options were added to GSDX.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I have tried you're settings but my fps still drops :/

My specs are:
Operating System = Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Physical RAM = 4095 MB
CPU name = AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+
Vendor/Model = AuthenticAMD (stepping 03)
CPU speed = 3.013 ghz (2 logical threads)
ATI RADEON HD 4800 SERIES
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = 178bfbff 00002001
x86EFlags = ebd3fbff
That's normal for your cpu.
How do i make it flawless like him??
Get a better cpu.
Is there anyother way..? like fixing setting or some sort
I dunno, why don't you try yourself?