NEW TO PCSX2 Trying to the ps2 disc on mac
It got it to work finally. Thanks.

Sponsored links

(11-08-2011, 11:42 PM)WingsLikeEagles Wrote: It got it to work finally. Thanks.

My pleasure, now about my payment....

Note:
It was a joke
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
lmao Kaze. If I could return the favor in any way I would but you clearly know more than me d:
(11-09-2011, 05:38 AM)WingsLikeEagles Wrote: lmao Kaze. If I could return the favor in any way I would but you clearly know more than me d:

Just knowing that I helped you svolve it at all, and you showing gratitude is enough ^_^
(11-07-2011, 12:34 PM)Kaze Wrote: 1. Insert DVD
2. Open Terminal
3. In terminal, type in the following:
diskutil unmountDisk disk1 (PRESS ENTER NOW)
dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/path/to/dumped/enter_chosen_name_here.ISO

Should do the trick

EDIT:
Lawl, just saw that this is the same code as above, but don't change anything else than the chosen_name_here.iso and keep the .ISO at the end, and also you may want to try and type it manually, not just copy paste and one more thing, don't forget to double check.

EDIT 2:
Also give the file some time after it has stopped growing in size too.

Alright the unmounting bit was a success however... after typing in the dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/path/to/dumped/enter_chosen_name_here.ISO it gave me "No such file or directory."
(11-17-2011, 03:06 AM)waggblock Wrote: Alright the unmounting bit was a success however... after typing in the dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/path/to/dumped/enter_chosen_name_here.ISO it gave me "No such file or directory."

Okay, try this:
dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/YourGameNameHere.ISO

If it works, the file should be created in the Machintosh HD folder on the desktop.
(11-17-2011, 09:44 AM)Kaze Wrote: Okay, try this:

If it works, the file should be created in the Machintosh HD folder on the desktop.

hmm ok it says now it says permission denied. Is there any way around this?
(11-17-2011, 03:06 AM)waggblock Wrote: Alright the unmounting bit was a success however... after typing in the dd if=/dev/disk1 of=/path/to/dumped/enter_chosen_name_here.ISO it gave me "No such file or directory."

umm, you need to change path/to/dumped to something that exists on your computer.
something along the lines of Users/**USERNAME**/Desktop where **USERNAME** would be your account name on your mac.
it cant dump the iso to a directory that doesnt exist, you have to modify that line to select where you want it to be saved and the filename you want to give it.

ie. my username is Stubbs so i would dump a game (kingdom hearts for example) to /Users/Stubbs/Desktop/kingdom_hearts.iso and it would save the kingdom hearts iso to my desktop. you can modify it to go anywhere you want.
13" 2010 Mac Book Pro - Snow Leopard 10.6.7 - Pcsx2 Version: 0.9.6 (and praying on 0.9.7 to release)
2.4Ghz Intel Duo Core | NVIDIA 320M (256mb) | 4 Gigs 1067mhz DDR3 Ram

(11-18-2011, 12:14 AM)waggblock Wrote: hmm ok it says now it says permission denied. Is there any way around this?

okay, do
Code:
sudo tcsh
Note:
It will ask you to type password, but you wont see anything as you type so dont be afraid.

Then do:
Code:

(11-18-2011, 03:27 AM)mubbsy Wrote: umm, you need to change path/to/dumped to something that exists on your computer.
something along the lines of Users/**USERNAME**/Desktop where **USERNAME** would be your account name on your mac.
it cant dump the iso to a directory that doesnt exist, you have to modify that line to select where you want it to be saved and the filename you want to give it.

ie. my username is Stubbs so i would dump a game (kingdom hearts for example) to /Users/Stubbs/Desktop/kingdom_hearts.iso and it would save the kingdom hearts iso to my desktop. you can modify it to go anywhere you want.

If you do it like this
Code:
Then it creates the ISO image in your Machintosh HD root folder

EDIT1:
Wrong code snippet ^_^
(11-18-2011, 03:19 PM)Kaze Wrote: okay, do
Code:
sudo
Note:
It will ask you to type password, but you wont see anything as you type so dont be afraid.

Then do:
Code:

If you do it like this
Code:
Then it creates the ISO image in your Machintosh HD root folder

well i got this hooplah when i tried. Any ideas?

Rennie-Lembos-iMac:~ renzeenee$ sudo
usage: sudo -h | -K | -k | -L | -V
usage: sudo -v [-AknS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user name|#uid]
usage: sudo -l[l] [-AknS] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-U user name] [-u
user name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [command]
usage: sudo [-AbEHknPS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
name|#uid] [-g groupname|#gid] [VAR=value] [-i|-s] [<command>]
usage: sudo -e [-AknS] [-C fd] [-g groupname|#gid] [-p prompt] [-u user
name|#uid] file ...
Rennie-Lembos-iMac:~ renzeenee$

i've got the disk in and i tried everything you said before, got the permission denied, entered sudo and that came up. Am I missing something? Thanks