NEW USER: Help, it won't work!
Ok, so you've probably all seen this question before:

MY PC:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.81GHz
1791 MB RAM
Running Vista Ult...I can change it to XP, I just need to switch HD's, no biggy.

I have installed the emulator, and have also placed the scph39001.bin file in program files/pcsx2/bios folder (as instructed from some site somewhere)
I tested the configuration when I first stared and it said that everything should be fine. I then hit RUN CD/DVD but it then closed due to an unknown error just after the first PS2 startup intro *sony computer entertainment* and then nothing, just closed down.

WHAT DO I DO?

I've tried to run from an ISO file (Gran turismo 4 that I copied onto my harddrive ages ago, waiting to get a dual layer disc so I can burn it and use swap magic for my actual PS2 console). But no workies.

And it won't work with the tekken 5 disc I have sitting in my DVD drive, I checked it on the site for compatibility and it says it's fine.

I also had to update my direct x (as instructed by emulator setup) before I could get it running properly.

EDIT: and when I select run CD/DVD it doesn't come up with any selection options...?

Please Help,
Noob

Sponsored links

Your cpu is really slow, and you have to set up the cdvdrom to your drive letter that has the disc in it.
Try to go to Config-->Configure. If you want to play from disc, at cddvdrom select Gigaherz's CDVD plugin and press configure to select the drive. If you want to play from an ISO select Linuz Iso and press configure to select the path of the ISO. I'm not an expert but i think you need a better PC to play Tekken 5 at a decent speed.
Just an info If you want to play two game above with good speed at least your cpu must dualcore at.3.2ghz for tekken5 and at.3.6ghz for GT4 or above (C2D) and with good grapich card (support directx.10 and ps.4) and try those games in OS Vista. But by judging your comp. Specs maybe under 10fps max. =only single core cpu at.1.8ghz, i dont see your gpu? But i see you only have onboard gpu by judging your weird ram (1791mb).
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
Ok...I've figured a little bit more out.

I noticed on the command prompt looking window that comes up that a few roms were missing. I now have all of the correct ones and I'm able to at least play with the PS2 browser and I've formatted two memory cards that appeared by default.

When I select the ISO plugin to read from ISO file, it comes up with the GT4 © 2005 Sony etc etc all affiliates or whatever, but it disappears and then reappears as a half washed out version of the same thing halfway offset from the screen.

If I select the one to read from disc, It doesn't work, nothing happens and pcsx2 closes with unexplained error.

I just had a brainwave and I'll try a burnt disc of a couple of games I have that I was using with my swap magic card. Do you think this will work?

Thanks for the response guys.
Ok that didn't work either haha. Meh, worth a shot.

Sad I'm bummed now, I just got this new computer but my old processor wont work on this motherboard...the old one was a 3.4 dual core! pout...
I don't know what a gpu is? is that a graphics card?
Uhm, ancient NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT? Second hand.
use the original dvd, why you need to burn off a copy to try on your ps2 is beyond me.

ok im lying, i know EXACTLY why you're doing it and we dont support piracy, read the rules.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]