NFS Underground 2 HELP!
Hello, i have 2 games on my PCSX2 that i want to play badly but they are laggy and it kills me to close it out. i have tinkered with the settings and have also searched up how to increase my setting but im having no luck so please.

My settings are;

PC Specs
Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon HD graphics
3.2 GHZ
64bit Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium

and my PCsx2 Settings are;
PCsx2 V 1.0.0

I use Default settings but i will list them anyways

EE/IOP
Emotion Engine: Recompiler
IOP: Recompiler
EE/FPU: Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

VU's
VU0: MicroVU Recompiler
VU1: MicroVU Recompiler
VU0/VU1 advanced: Chop / Zero
Clamping Mode: Normal

GS
FramelimiterL Enabled
Base: 100%
Slow: 50%
Turbo: 200%
NTSC FR: 59.94% (Do not know how to change this)
PaL FR: 50%
Synchronized MYGS: Disabled
Disable all GS output: Disabled
Frame Skipping: Default

GS Window
Standard (4:3)
Enabled: Always hide mouse Cursor, Hide window when paused, Double Click Toggles Fullscreen

Speed hacks: Disabled

Video Plugin:
Renderer Direct 3D11 (Hardware)
Interlacing: Auto
Native: Enabled
Enabled: Texture Filtering, Allow 8-bit Textures

Audio: Xaudio2
no Checked boxes, no altering done.

i have played Several games on my emu, such as Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil, even a Fast paced game like Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. i have no lag issues there.

How ever, when i try to play NFS underground 2 it loads just fine (FPS 60-65) but when i pass the intro and hit Career mode it drops to about 45 FPS, i then hit "start career" and it goes into a loading screen and it jumps up to 65 FPS. around close to the end of it loading it drops to about 35 FPS and then back up to 60 FPS for a brief second. once its loaded the FPS drops to around 1-7 FPS. i have no idea how to fix this. from what i have saw on other posts i should have no issues playing this game.

Thank you for any feedback.

Sponsored links

As far as I know, Underground 2 has never worked properly. I'm not completely sure but that's what I think.

And although your CPU has a good clockspeed, pcsx2 generally doesn't like AMD cpu's which is quite sad but yeah, nothing we can do. Maybe get the PC version? It looks better and it will run great on your pc.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
SInce you do not have a dedicated GPU. I would suggest try running it in software mode. You can do this by pressing F9 when the game is loaded. You will moat likely see better resilts than running it in hardware mode.

(05-11-2013, 04:12 PM)Zangetsu21 Wrote: As far as I know, Underground 2 has never worked properly. I'm not completely sure but that's what I think.

And although your CPU has a good clockspeed, pcsx2 generally doesn't like AMD cpu's which is quite sad but yeah, nothing we can do. Maybe get the PC version? It looks better and it will run great on your pc.

What are you talking about?
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
AMD APU's don't have very strong integrated graphics (still better than Intel though Tongue ) so I suspect that is the cause, as football games can be quite intensive. What are the EE and GS% during the slowdowns?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Play it on your ps2.
That game is currently unplayable even with the strongest machine.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-11-2013, 04:15 PM)DaTankAC Wrote: AMD APU's don't have very strong integrated graphics (still better than Intel though Tongue ) so I suspect that is the cause, as football games can be quite intensive. What are the EE and GS% during the slowdowns?

Not for too much longer they wont be. Once Haswell chips come out. AMD will be in the dark once again.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Better play it on pc version or on your real PS2 console
I have NFS Underground 2 running at near full speed on a 2.4ghz Q6600 (overclocked to 2.8ghz with SetFSB). As you can see, its not a powerful CPU.

Enable hardware hacks in your GSDX settings, then set Skipdraw to 1. This should stop the game from bogging down to a crawl. You should also enable 8-bit textures. I also recommend turning speedhacks on and finding some settings that work for you (I use EE stealing=3 and VU stealing=1 but I turn off MTVU as it seems to cause problems in this game).

The big issue with this game is the motion blur, it's awful and you cannot get rid of it with skipdraw in the regular GSDx.

If you use the GSDx "cutie" plugin instead you can use skiptex and skiplayers to get rid of it, but it does cause other artifacts.

Of all the NFS titles this is the one that gave me the most trouble Blink
(05-13-2013, 07:56 PM)davew_uk Wrote: I have NFS Underground 2 running at near full speed on a 2.4ghz Q6600 (overclocked to 2.8ghz with SetFSB). As you can see, its not a powerful CPU.
I never said it's a raw power problem. I actually get horrible speeds in this game, but EE% & GS% stay around 10-25%. We already discussed this in previous threads.

Quote:If you use the GSDx "cutie" plugin instead you can use skiptex and skiplayers to get rid of it, but it does cause other artifacts.
never tried it, but it's possible gsdx cutie helps to run this game properly.
to the OP : if you use gsdx cutie, keep in mind this is a hacked version of gsdx . Thus it's not supported here.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote:never tried it, but it's possible gsdx cutie helps to run this game properly

No, gsdx cutie is only needed to remove the motion blur (which is a matter of taste rather than necessity). All OP needs to do to get the game to run much better is to set skipdraw to 1 and set speedhacks as necessary for his CPU power.