NHL 2k8 - performance problems
Hi,

my rig:
i5 4570
8GB DDR3 Ram
R9 380 Nitro OC

So pretty decent. I run the ISOs from my SSD. When I try to play NHL 2k8 or ESPN NHL 2k5, it drops some frames here and there and isn't smooth overall. I tried different presets but nothing is perfect. I saw a youtube of a guy playing 2k8 perfectly smooth with a 7870 and an i5 so the problem must be at my end. Anybody has a suggestion?

Also the game only runs when a patch is installed. However, widescreen seems to work only when you do a full boot. However, when I do a full boot, the game crashes at the loading screen (as if no patch is installed). If I start it via "fast boot", the game runs flawlessly but doesn't accept the 16:9 settings.

Anybody can help?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

FYI, automatic gamefixes will only apply when using fastboot. If you use full boot, you need to enable fixes manually.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thank you. I am going to provide the missing information when I get home. By enable fixes manually - it means I have to copy them to the cheats folder, right? Do I need to deactivate automatic fixes even though the .pnach file is in the cheats folder?