[NTSC] Dark Cloud 2 configuration
I hate doing this as I have read at least three topics on this exact subject but for the life of me cannot figure it out.

My PC specs.
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz
RAM: 2.00 GB
Type: 32 bit

My current config for the 9.6 build of PSX2 is -
Graphics: ZeroGS .97
Sound: SPU2-X 1.1.0
Cdvdrom: Linuz Iso CDVD .8.0
Dev9: Dev9null Driver

Current Speed Hacks on:
INTC sync hack
Use x2 Cycle Rate

If there is any important info I missed just tell me and I can tell you. For whatever reason, screen capping doesn't work on my computer or I would have just put up pics. >_<

Anyway, the game runs generally around 30 - 39 fps. But drops to 25 or jumps to 45 sporadically.

What should I change? Should I use the beta psx2 application? Thanks for the help! Smile

Sponsored links

I dont have the game personally but I would suggest you try the latest beta and latest plugins they usually give a nice boost. And is there a reason you are using ZeroGS? Its quite old, gsdx will work much better for most games.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(02-18-2010, 11:59 PM)Soyeahimbored Wrote: [...]
Should I use the beta psx2 application?
[...]

Absolutely yes, this will most likely give you a nice performance shot as well as a higher compatibility. You can find the beta here. And the newest plugins can't hurt either.

(02-18-2010, 11:59 PM)Soyeahimbored Wrote: [...]
Graphics: ZeroGS .97
[...]

Why are you using this? Is GSDX causing problems for you? If not, immediately switch to GSDX. This is usually faster and more compatible.

Edit: Sorry, I should become faster in writing^^.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
I didn't know Zero was a bad plugin. Haha. I feel like a newb, thanks guys. Tongue
I just downloaded the latest beta and I will use the latest plugins. Is there certain speed hacks that will work better then the ones I already have or did I choose right for those?

Thanks again for such a speedy reply back! Smile
Speedhacks really depends on the game try turning them on one by one if you get no problems go for it.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
(02-19-2010, 12:20 AM)Soyeahimbored Wrote: I didn't know Zero was a bad plugin.
[...]

"Feel the difference" Tongue.

(02-19-2010, 12:20 AM)Soyeahimbored Wrote: [...]
Is there certain speed hacks that will work better then the ones I already
have or did I choose right for those?
[...]

That changes from game to game. But you can find this out easily: Disable all the speedhacks, then activate one, look if it gives you some fps, disable it, try the next, a.s.o. When you're done, enable all the ones that helped you. This should get you some more fps.

Edit: lol. Too slow once again^^. GamerGeek, you're doing this on purpose^^!
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
Haha. GamerGeek wins again Tongue
I will try one at a time. Thank you again for BOTH of your speedy answers. If I still have some unconceivable problem I will post again. Thank you ^_^