NTSC Vs. Pal Games
Hi,

i have been reading recent posts and it appears that the PCSX2 has issues with some games being PAL and some Being NTSC,

my mate has a copy of NTSC and i have a the PAL version he has very similer specs to mine and his works alot smoother, (we set the config the same and run in same res and speedhacks etc.. mine seems to not load the battle animation(the part were ur running and then enter battle normally screen smashes to enter battle) but his appears to run smooth with only sound hickups (probs coz of the speed hack)

so my q is what is better NTSC or PAL and is there really any diffrence...
sorry if this appears to be abit noobish Smile

Sorry should have mentioned it is Final Fantasy X (Legendry Game)
[Image: NBanner_FFVIIAC_Cid_1.jpg]

Sponsored links

Do you have the exact same PC? Because if not, everything is explained by him having a faster PC than yours.
Yes in many cases PAL and NTSC regions of the same game behave very differently, but as far as I know FFX is not one of these games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(04-14-2010, 03:02 PM)Bositman Wrote: Do you have the exact same PC? Because if not, everything is explained by him having a faster PC than yours.
Yes in many cases PAL and NTSC regions of the same game behave very differently, but as far as I know FFX is not one of these games.

Yeah i heard that two, i have a Amilo Li1818 he has Amilo Li1817
mine is the upgraded spec and i know by theory these comps are sh*t however i have managed to get it playable all runs and no crash's just FPS cant reach above 30 his is a lil bit lower averaging 25-26,
i know on average to get a smooth game you need 50fps and i have been through task manager before playing and end process on some applications (anything above 15K)
[Image: NBanner_FFVIIAC_Cid_1.jpg]
Well you have the right idea.

Next step: upgrading your PC.

But I play PAL games all the time, and I am in the NTSC region. Generally, I don't have problems.
Laptop
Intel Core 2 Duo PM8600 @ 2.4 GHz
4 GB DDR3 1066 RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670 512 MB

Desktop
AMD Phenom II x2 550 (unlocked to 4)@ 3.5ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Sapphire 5770 1GB