NVidia hack not working
I've been playing Budokai 3 recently at 2x native and experienced issue of the screen randomly zooming in on the corners of the screen.
[Image: zoom.png]
So I went into the video plugin, chose the Nvidia hack in HW hacks and turned the hacks on in the plugin itself
[Image: options.png]
Yet it doesn't change anything at all?
I've tried turning off all the speedhacks
and using the newest development versions of PCSX2 instead of the stable release, but no luck there either.
It's no big deal since the problem goes away in native resolution
(just like the hack mentions),
but it would've been nice to play the game in higher resolutions
without the screen sporadically changing view.

My video cards are a pair of NVidia GTX 860M.
I assume this is related to the graphics card,
but if it may not be, I can provide more information as needed.

Sponsored links

Alternative:-
You could also move on to your older nvidia drivers to fix the issue.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
There are some "games" this fix dont help, This hack shouldn't be needed by nvidia refuses to work there dev's here that tried countless time to work with them to find a away to fix this.

32x.xx (cant remeber exact drivers ) where last to work right and not need the hack, this was randomly broke when they fixed something else by nvidia and probably stay like this till they random fix this by fixing something else

I will say this though, the issue of zooming in and out seem to of gotting worse in VP2 use zoom and zoom right back out in the intro video, with 357.25 it seem to zoom in ( stay like for 2 sec) zoom back out or maybe it just me. hack at lest works in vp2 though
I see. I guess it's a choice between rolling back to outdated drivers or playing at native resolution then.
Oh well, at least there are temporary solutions, even if they're not ideal.
Thanks for the replies!
Does the NVIDIA hardware hack work for -every- game, or does it work like the gamefixes where it checks a game's CRC and then applies it?
If it's the latter it could explain the hack not working either in case of some odd CRC on the game possibly, but I'm not sure if it works like that.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
If you have an iGPU in your CPU you could use that for pcsx2. Depending on the iGPU you would need to play at native res or can easily upscale.

What is your CPU model?
(03-12-2015, 12:24 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Does the NVIDIA hardware hack work for -every- game, or does it work like the gamefixes where it checks a game's CRC and then applies it?
If it's the latter it could explain the hack not working either in case of some odd CRC on the game possibly, but I'm not sure if it works like that.

nah it has to done manually it not gamefix, its gsdx hack
Do you mean, it is also one of the patches in GSstate.cpp ?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I've had this issue with Budokai 2. Oddly enough, the zooming in only occurs up until the first menu, then it goes away with the hack on. I would assume that the hack "sometimes" works, perhaps due to individual game issues as suggested by tsunami2311 or maybe some other individualized reason. Other games I have that need the Nvidia Hack work fine.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
(03-11-2015, 10:20 PM)CrimsonMoonMist Wrote: I see. I guess it's a choice between rolling back to outdated drivers or playing at native resolution then.
Oh well, at least there are temporary solutions, even if they're not ideal.
Thanks for the replies!
Or if you don't see any graphical or speed problems,just use DX9(the hack is not needed there because the problem is DX11 only)