Need Help Setting Up
Okay, so I have a reasonable system to emulate PS2 games on. I don't expect full speeds, but I would like to get rid of the glitching sound I get at the very least. Would you be able to recommend settings for this system build:

AMD Athlon x2 2.01GHz (can't overclock due to MSI Mobo)
ATI Radeon 3450 (Terrible video card but I'll be upgrading soon)
2.50GB DDR2 Memory

Any help would be appreciated, I'm willing to download any plugins and modify any settings in PCSX2 if it will help me be able to play Final Fantasy X and a few other games. Thank you Smile

Sponsored links

you will have a hard time running pcsx2 with this.
anyways, try setting sound to async in spu2x config
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-17-2012, 11:07 PM)jesalvein Wrote: you will have a hard time running pcsx2 with this.
anyways, try setting sound to async in spu2x config

That seems to have helped a little, would using speedhacks affect performance positively or negatively on this system? I know it's not the best but I get 45ish FPS without them, and I get that on any system I've put PCSX2 on. Even my dad's Phenom II quad core.
actually, it's not a core number problem.
more a clockrate one.
If you had a core 2 DUo @3.5 Ghz, pcsx2 would run fine with many games.
you could try enabling the recommended speedhacks, and maybe set ee cycle rate to 1.
this will cause false fps readings, but will probably give you better results in terms of gameplay smoothness...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-17-2012, 11:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: actually, it's not a core number problem.
more a clockrate one.
If you had a core 2 DUo @3.5 Ghz, pcsx2 would run fine with many games.
you could try enabling the recommended speedhacks, and maybe set ee cycle rate to 1.
this will cause false fps readings, but will probably give you better results in terms of gameplay smoothness...

Thanks for your help man! I'll try it out, if I can't get it running well on here maybe I can get it running on my dad's PC and just use that until I get the money around to upgrade this old dog or even completely replace it.