Need Help Urgently!
Yeah, if you've never seen the inside of a laptop that's been used quite a lot... basically it will be a carpet made of dust in there. Opening it is really the only way to get it clean. Beware the ribbon cables...
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(07-16-2014, 12:31 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah, if you've never seen the inside of a laptop that's been used quite a lot... basically it will be a carpet made of dust in there. Opening it is really the only way to get it clean. Beware the ribbon cables...

I'd say beware the clips that hold the ribbon cables to the mobo. That's how I wrecked my ps2 controller ports. Though it's not as bad as using a razor blade to take your psp apart and accidentally scratching the LCD in the process.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
You guys make it sound scary...
Well, seems like I have no other choice. Any other things I should be worried about?
(07-16-2014, 06:24 AM)Scovak Wrote: You guys make it sound scary...
Well, seems like I have no other choice. Any other things I should be worried about?

make sure you work on a table as to prevent an ESD into the mobo and killing it. make sure your hands are dry. Don't lose any screws. that's about it.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Ok I'm just wondering, how does the fan have anything to do with my laptop Lagging? Refraction said it was because my laptop was trying not to overheat, but I did have an overheat once when it just shuts off completely. Now when that happens I can hear the fan running really fast, but this time it doesn't seem to be running as fast plus it doesn't feel hot at the bottom.
your hands and ears are worth sh*t when it comes to monitoring. use tools. core temp for example. have you cleaned the laptop already? if not, do so.

really important to clean is the inside of the heatsink/exhaust. since that keeps the heat inside.
[Image: dust2.jpg]
(none of the [freakin' noob] videos i watched real quick mentioned that). don't do it with a blower since it might over-rev the fan and the dust might settle in the case instead of coming out. you gotta open it. use something like a thin nail file to fit in every lamelle and scratch the dust loose than blow it from the outside and catch it or let it blow off over a piece of paper on the inside to not let it stay in the case. the direction is important to not make it stick in the heat sink.

also do a chkdsk. kernel error is good enough to think about a hdd failure. use crystal disk info for example to read out the s.m.a.r.t. status of it. a faulty drive can slow the system down.

and you still might be able to get some sort of specification out of it that you can tell us. i don't believe you know nothing about the hardware. use tools to read it out.

full maintenance program