Need Some Mild Help
Ok I'm Running PCSX2 0.9.6 I got the latest DirectX Update I have Admin so there no real limitations for me but I want to know If I have enough power to play a few games that I will list below

Final Fantasy 10
Final Fantasy 10-2
Final Fantasy 12
Soul Caliber 3
Kingdom Hearts 1
Kingdom Hearts 2

I just want to know if I have enough power to play these without much problem.

At the moment I've tried Final Fantasy 12 and to say the least it's laggy and the sound is very choppy I can get better sound but the game lags up greatly I can get the Video ok but the sound is worse then ever. Theirs a lot of large black spots or black areas (just blackened areas)

I don't know how I should run to well and I can't find out if I can run SSE2 or w/e it is or any of them I've been using the Zero one but I don't think thats enough If I can get any help with this it would be nice

Such as Ideas or what you think is the matter that kind of thing thank you and have a nice day if any other info is need I'll do my best to get it

Also my main concern is my Processer Speed which is 2.4 and I think I need something stronger

System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/17/2009, 16:20:34
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
System Model: RC667AA-ABA a1657c
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1601MB used, 2728MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 9400 GT
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key:
Display Memory: 1779 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1011 MB
Shared Memory: 767 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
Driver Version: 7.15.0011.8250 (English)
DDI Version: 10
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 3/28/2009 00:03:00, 6082560 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:

Sponsored links

not soul caliber, but the others should be fine
(08-18-2009, 03:01 AM)Saiki Wrote: not soul caliber, but the others should be fine

Ok and one more thing The Joy stick thing I don't have a game pad is there anyways to make it work with my keyboard at all? or my Mouse cause I can't find out how to get Lily to work if it works like that I've read the guide but I don't do well when I read more of one of those if I see it done I can do it like nothing
Yes you can use keyboard and mouse, just make sure they're not disabled on the "General" tab of lilypad's configuration and then configure them in the pad1/2 tabs (just need to press the gamepad button you want to configure and press the keybpoard key you want to bind it to).
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-18-2009, 03:12 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Yes you can use keyboard and mouse, just make sure they're not disabled on the "General" tab of lilypad's configuration and then configure them in the pad1/2 tabs (just need to press the gamepad button you want to configure and press the keybpoard key you want to bind it to).

Thanks I appreciate the help and also I've having a issue with the Graphics and Sound with FF12 the sound is choppy and the the graphics seem well really bad unless I remove all sound

any Ideas on what it could be?
Both your CPU and GPU are a bit low for this game so the lag and sound problem are probably caused by it. You can try getting the latest beta and activating speedhacks on it, specially "x2 cycle rate" and setting "vu cycle stealing" to moderate might help and in GSdx try using the "native" checkbox and also enabling/disabling "allow 8-bit textures" might help.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-18-2009, 03:37 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Both your CPU and GPU are a bit low for this game so the lag and sound problem are probably caused by it. You can try getting the latest beta and activating speedhacks on it, specially "x2 cycle rate" and setting "vu cycle stealing" to moderate might help and in GSdx try using the "native" checkbox and also enabling/disabling "allow 8-bit textures" might help.
ya More then anything I wanna play Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Final Fantasy 10 and 10-2 but thanks for the help
FFX, FFX-2 and KH should be fine with your rig. But to me, your GPU is the real bottleneck here, as I have quite the same CPU as you and FFXII works perfect for me except FMV's.

Thus, I agree with Saiki as Soulcalibur 3 is very GPU demanding too.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-18-2009, 07:30 AM)jesalvein Wrote: FFX, FFX-2 and KH should be fine with your rig. But to me, your GPU is the real bottleneck here, as I have quite the same CPU as you and FFXII works perfect for me except FMV's.

Thus, I agree with Saiki as Soulcalibur 3 is very GPU demanding too.

well with the Beta Psx2 I got SC3 working real well no Tear ups and what not no Bad Sound I didn't have the Beta before but all of them are working just fine I haven't had any issues with SC3 and I've been at it for I think a hour and a half so no worrys I got this all set out and the FMVs are like if they where on the PS2 there clean and crisp thanks everyone for this help