Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Need Some Troubleshooting Help Please
First of all let me start by saying thank you, to everybody that has invested their time into pcsx2 and the entire scene. Your work is very much appreciated.

I am new to pcsx2, and recently downloaded it today. I have PRIDE FC for the system and tried playing it today. I did read the main thread on which processors and video cards are suitable for pcsx2 and which are not.

My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS, so I know that is up to snuff. However, my processor is a very average AMD Athlon 64 3500+. According to the main thread, that means the emulator will run slow. While in-game, PRIDE runs at only 5fps!! Hahaha. So is that due to the game itself, or do I need a new processor before I even think of enjoying the pcsx2. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored links

You definitely need a new processor. The maximum stable overclock for an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ is around 2.6GHz. Your video card seems to be fine. I'm using a GeForce 8800 GTS as well and it runs fine.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
Okay thanks for the response. So with this processor I will not be able to play any games at proper frame rate, do you have any idea on processors that are cheap but would work...
amd athlon x2 6000+
Thanks abdo....much respect.
you can also get an athlon x2 250... it is at 3.0ghz u can get a constant 50+ fps with it... but u can still overclock it to 3.5ghz for a constant 60fps in almost all game on pcsx2..
amd athlon x 2 6000+ is a 3 ghz cpu
You're only getting 5FPS now ingame? That most likely means the game is very demanding.
In that case even a new 3.0Ghz Phenom II won't do.
dude athlon x2 6000+ is a am2 socket which means that x2 250 can give him more booste performance than ur 6000+ since x2 250 is am3 socket.. u could done ur research.. to sum it all up

athlon x2 6000+ = Intel Pentium D ( Lame )
athlon x2 250 = Intel core 2 duo ( Nice for pcsx2 )

did u get my point?
Thanks darkvirus for the tip.

Rama, if I am only getting 5fps, could it be the configuration, or is it like you said, a very demanding game. It is a mixed martial arts game, so it could just be too much for any computer that is not on steroids. Like I said before, this is all new to me. Thanks a lot for your help though. I am in the process of downloading a different game, so we will see what happens.