Need a hand with Pcsx2 low perfomance.
Hi everyone.
I´m trying to run Guitar Hero: Metallica but in the main screen of "Press a button to rock!" i get a sudden FPS low to 5 (Working normally at 58-60 FPS).
With Guitar Hero 2 the FPS only lows when there are characters on the stage, but works perfectly in practice mode.
Also with Bloody Roar 4 and Def Jam: Battle for NY the max FPS that i get is 29-30 (not so bad but the sound disturbs a lot)
I ran Monster Hunter 1 and 2 and Silent Hill: Origins without problem, all at 55-60 FPS.
I´m using Pcsx 0.9.8 version and this are my specs:

*Intel Dual Core E5700 3.0 Ghz
*2GB RAM DDR3
*Sapphire HD5450
*Windows 7 Professional (32 bits)

I have all the drivers up to date.
I read all the super detailed configuration guide and still doesn´t work fine (even trying all combinations of speed hacks). I´m thiking that maybe is a hardware problem, but i need to someone more professional tell me "Hey buy a new PC boy" Tongue

Here i attach my configuration image bout the GS and the other plugins.
I hope someone can help me :3

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

You should try skipdraw 1 or 2 with GSdx (read the configuration guide on how to enable that) The GH games in general are pretty demanding so have that in mind.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
On which note the 5450 is a very mid range to low end card, suitable for media computers and general applications, this could prove slow on the emulator
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well.. after all this are the results:
The skipdraw gave me 20 FPS more but stills unplayable.
I tried another Pscx2 emulator that is a custom one. It comes prepared to run GH saga. And surprise! GH2 runs at 100% constant 60 FPS even with a rain of notes of expert mode. So I tried the other games (Def Jam, Bloody Roar 4 and God of War 2) and they run same as GH2, i mean at 100%.
The problem seems to be in Pscx 0.9.8 (for me), the custom emulator seems to be a 0.9.6-0.9.7 version.
Still can´t run GH: Metallica, for that i guess that the problem is the videocard as refraction said.
Anyway thanks for the help guys, I apreciate it too much.
GL :3
Sorry but we do not support or tell our users to use these 'custom' builds, which could be hacked, have malicious code or anything along those lines. So if you want to keep using these go ahead but you are on your own...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Well first off id recommend you upgrade to a triple core system then get a better video card that ones way too outdated to even be put in a shopping cart at microcenter. aside from that you should switch between the different settings via the gsn plugin i think its called. i currently get 60 fps on Kingdom Hearts but these are my specs:
AMD FX-6100 Six Core 3.3 Watercooled(Overclocked to 3.8)
8 gigs HyperX 1333 ram
XFX HD7850 2gig video card

I'd recommend you do thisSadNot an amd fanboy, i just dont use intel)
AMD x3 Phenom 3.3
4 gigs ram atleaste 1333 clockspeed
some type of sapphire 6000 series card which should only run you like $75-$100
why are you using such an old build, get the 1.0 stable build or the latest svn build...

why are you using such an old build, get the 1.0 stable build or the latest svn build... and mach sure all reccomend hacks are enabled
(04-07-2013, 02:14 PM)justinbowen2003 Wrote: Well first off id recommend you upgrade to a triple core system then get a better video card that ones way too outdated to even be put in a shopping cart at microcenter. aside from that you should switch between the different settings via the gsn plugin i think its called. i currently get 60 fps on Kingdom Hearts but these are my specs:
AMD FX-6100 Six Core 3.3 Watercooled(Overclocked to 3.8)
8 gigs HyperX 1333 ram
XFX HD7850 2gig video card

I'd recommend you do thisSadNot an amd fanboy, i just dont use intel)
AMD x3 Phenom 3.3
4 gigs ram atleaste 1333 clockspeed
some type of sapphire 6000 series card which should only run you like $75-$100

While it's very nice that you were attempting to help the OP, this thread is over a year old and I'm sure he's not going to be checking this thread anytime soon.

Tsunami: See above Smile
[Image: 2748844.png]