Need advice, in running the games faster.
I was checking most of the threads here,the FAQ and youtube in customizing it myself to make my games better and in the end it does work but it's still laggy. It's in between Normal - Bad.

Here's screenshots of my settings and my computer graphic data.

[Image: untitled-3.jpg]

My Video settings are....

Resolution: Windowed
Renderer: Direct 3D9(Hardware)
Shader: Pixel Shader 2.0
Interlacing: None
Aspect Ratio: 4:3

Check marked in the BOX are Texture Filtering, NLoop Hack, Alpha correction.

My Audio Settings are...

Module: 1-Xaudio2

Nothing check marked.

[Image: untitled2.jpg]

This is my CPU information.
I am using Windows XP

My speed hacks...

X3 Cycle Rate
INTC Sync Hack
Enable IOP X2 cycle rate
Wait cycles sync rate

My Advanced option...

Round modes

-Chop/Zero
-Nearest

Clamp modes

-Normal
-Normal

What's checkmarked in the Box...

-2 De normals are Zero
-Flush to Zero

Just some advice I could use to make it slightly better IF possible. There something you want to see and know about let me know.

Thanks.

P.S: if this is in the wrong Section I apologize.
[Image: DynamoSig-1.jpg]

Sponsored links

Man, you have a crappy graphics card i guess it beacuse you only have pixel shader 2.0
(07-15-2009, 03:18 AM)diegochiha Wrote: Man, you have a crappy graphics card i guess it beacuse you only have pixel shader 2.0

Is it possible to upgrade it?
well, what is it exactly? also what games are you trying to run? and why are you running software mode? i think you should read the configuration guide first, instead of consulting youtube for reliable pcsx2 infos.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
Try using the Direct3D9 (Hardware) renderer, you'll have to tell us what is your graphics card to help you (go to Start > Run then type "dxdiag" and ok, then go to the "display" tab and it should say it there) and also what game are you trying to play.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Oops sorry I meant hardware lol. I am using Direct3D9 Hardware I just typed it software by mistake.

Am going to edit that.

(07-15-2009, 04:13 AM)zero29 Wrote: well, what is it exactly? also what games are you trying to run? and why are you running software mode? i think you should read the configuration guide first, instead of consulting youtube for reliable pcsx2 infos.

I'm trying to make the game I am playing run faster. I'm playing Way of the Samurai 2. It's ok for awhile whenever I face one on one but when there is a crowd that's where it starts lagging hard.

(07-15-2009, 04:13 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try using the Direct3D9 (Hardware) renderer, you'll have to tell us what is your graphics card to help you (go to Start > Run then type "dxdiag" and ok, then go to the "display" tab and it should say it there) and also what game are you trying to play.

Way of the Samurai 2 is what I'm playing. The name of my graphic card is NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE

Is there any info you need else?
Try enabling the "native" checkbox in the GSdx settings, also try getting the latest PCSX2 beta and also in the beta enable some some speedhacks from the "config > speed hacks" menu, specially "x2 cycle rate" and "VU cycle stealing" should help but it's not a sure thing.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
well, with that card you're probably better off with really using the software mode, it might be even faster than hardware Laugh ok ok. but honestly, this gpu is very weak for pcsx2 emulation. and the main problem for you with this is, that in this case usually the speed hacks won't give you any real improvement in terms of fps. so, you're basically stuck with the performance you get, but you are of course free to try the latest beta revision of pcsx2 and its plugins from this forum to see if that helps. but your best option will be a new gpu.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
(07-15-2009, 04:39 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try enabling the "native" checkbox in the GSdx settings, also try getting the latest PCSX2 beta and also in the beta enable some some speedhacks from the "config > speed hacks" menu, specially "x2 cycle rate" and "VU cycle stealing" should help but it's not a sure thing.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html

Yes the beta helps a little bit thanks.

(07-15-2009, 04:45 AM)zero29 Wrote: well, with that card you're probably better off with really using the software mode, it might be even faster than hardware Laugh ok ok. but honestly, this gpu is very weak for pcsx2 emulation. and the main problem for you with this is, that in this case usually the speed hacks won't give you any real improvement in terms of fps. so, you're basically stuck with the performance you get, but you are of course free to try the latest beta revision of pcsx2 and its plugins from this forum to see if that helps. but your best option will be a new gpu.

Is my graphic card bad? Just curious because I am thinking of getting it upgraded. Thing is I don't know where and what to search about Low and High quality graphic cards. For the Gpu the only latest one is the 0.1.9 right?
(07-15-2009, 05:09 AM)DarkFlip22 Wrote: Is my graphic card bad? Just curious because I am thinking of getting it upgraded. Thing is I don't know where and what to search about Low and High quality graphic cards. For the Gpu the only latest one is the 0.1.9 right?

jup, the gpu is your main bottleneck, an nvidia geforce 9600/9800 or better is always a safe choice for pcsx2. with such a card you could also think about getting vista/win7 for dx10 support. what's this "0.1.9" you're speaking of?