Need an Answer please
Hello and thanks for reading this. I was wondering if my specs can run valkyrie profile 2 smoothly, like 50-60. So here's my specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual
Core processor 5000+
2.61 GHz, 2.00GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9600(I think)

I read that you have to clock your CPU to get good frame rates, but I also heard that over clocking can do damage to your PC. I don't even know how to clock so if there is some guides to it I will really appreciate it. Though if clocking can do some serious damage, I may rethink on doing it.

Thats my question, hope you can answer me.

Sponsored links

Overclocking can damage your CPU or even totally kill it when executed wrong. There are literally dozens of overclocking guides over the internet so I suggest a simple google search and you'll have all the info you need.
As far as I know VP2 is one of the most demanding games both in CPU power and GPU, so I seriously doubt you will get good speeds with that set up
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Probably not, VP2 is a very CPU demanding game, I don't think you can overclock that CPU much, you'd need something like 3.4GHz+ probably.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I'd agree with the first reply, overclocking can be a delicate process, and as for people who think they have to overclock their full of it, anyone who told you that is a complete idiot. You don't have to overclock to get good frame rates, while it may increase your preformance, overall the risk is not worth the reward imo. Personally I prefer not to touch it. I don't have thousands of dollars to spend replacing parts if they get fried in the process and replacing parts later on now that their warranty is void.
Thanks for the answers!!! I guess I won't be overclocking my CPU. Tough I have been wondering, what games can i play smoothly?

@Shadow Lady
What games worked out for you?? Since our specs are pretty close, I tought I might get some games to play from you. And thanks for the info.
They're not so close, Pentium Dual-Core is based on the Core 2 architecture and it's faster clock to clock to the Athlon64 X2.

Anyway it would be easier if you say what games are you interested in trying, many games have worked fine for me and RPGs are usually easier to play on lower speeds than other games.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
What do you reccomned
(04-07-2010, 01:12 AM)daviebones Wrote: I'd agree with the first reply, overclocking can be a delicate process, and as for people who think they have to overclock their full of it, anyone who told you that is a complete idiot.

It's not more idiotic than someone who doesn't even overclock and claim to know fully how 'dangerous' it actually is.
Like you've said, it's a delicate process, and definitely not for idiots.

(04-07-2010, 01:12 AM)daviebones Wrote: You don't have to overclock to get good frame rates, while it may increase your preformance, overall the risk is not worth the reward imo. Personally I prefer not to touch it. I don't have thousands of dollars to spend replacing parts if they get fried in the process and replacing parts later on now that their warranty is void.

Another way is to spend more on a CPU with a more powerful base clock; depending on the current setup, it might cost someone a new mobo and CPU, which is $200~400.

Personally, I prefer to just get an aftermarket CPU cooler for $30~40, like Xigmatek's.

'Thousands of dollars'?
Even a reasonably powerful one usually won't cost over $2000 for a whole system.

You're right on overclocking being a delicate process, but the rest of your statements are hogwash. Tongue2

@kerfvalerio
Something like Atelier Iris, Mana Khemia, Disgaea, Ar Tonelico...?
In general, 2D RPGs, not 3D ones like Final Fantasy.
Intel C2D E6550 2.33GHz ([email protected])
Corsair CM2X1024 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 DRAM
ASUS P5K
XFX Radeon HD 5770 1GB

Running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.
Thanks man! 2D huh...I better google it.
...though FF-X might work just alright with the right settings. It's the least demanding 3D FF on PS2.