Need expert advice.
Hello. I'm a new poster but I've been following the project about 1 year now. Recently I got a decent computer powerful enough to run games at playable FPS. In the past I managed to run FFX on the emulator (in my old PC) to see if it worked which it did but wit very low FPS. It even had OK sound but the games weren't playable.

Enough about the past. Now lets go ahead and give you the info you need to be able to help me out.

System Specs:
-Intel Core2Duo 3.0 Ghz E8400
Features: MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
-4GB RAM
-GeForce 9800GTX+
-Vista 64

Running PCSX2 V 0.9.4 (pcsx2t.exe, the other one doesn't run)
Graphic Plugin: Zero GS Kosmos 0.97.0
Sound Plugin: P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
CPU Config: MTGS on, Dual Core Mode Off to prevent FPS from going to high, FPS Limit on.

As you can see a very capable system. Currently I am playing FFX-2 but it have a few issues. The following ones:

-No Sound (I tried different Plug-ins and different configurations but may have missed the rigth setting)
-High FPS during regular gameplay even with the limited FPS option on. That is a max of 61.5 which is too fast to even have a chance on reading the subtitles.
-Low FPS on Submenus. Example; when you go to the Items>Use menu the FPS drops to about 7 FPS.
-FPS drop on spell usage. When i or an enemy uses a spell (such as fire, blizzard etc.) the FPS drop by about 20, averaging 35FPS during the animation from an usual 55 to 60.

My questions are;
-How come my old toaster with a CPU was able o run audio on FFX but this sytems can't for FFX-2? Should I use a different Sound PlugIn?
-Why does the submenus drop the FPS to less than 10? Can I avoid this? How?
-Can I make it so the Spells don't drop my FPS down so much?

Thanks in advance for your help and to the devs for making this awesome piece of software. Smile I'll go and keep tweaking the plugins.

Sponsored links

First,FFX-2 is WAY different in emulation terms than FFX,it has many more bugs and needs a more powerful system overall.
Now about sound,that's the easiest,disable patches Tongue
About the FPS issues,I would suggest downloading and using GSdx 0.0.13 from here: http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn which nowadays is far more superior than Zerogs
Try that and tell us the results
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-11-2009, 10:38 PM)Bositman Wrote: First,FFX-2 is WAY different in emulation terms than FFX,it has many more bugs and needs a more powerful system overall.
Now about sound,that's the easiest,disable patches Tongue
About the FPS issues,I would suggest downloading and using GSdx 0.0.13 from here: http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn which nowadays is far more superior than Zerogs
Try that and tell us the results
Ok, i'll get that plugin. But there's something wired. I don't have any patch running. I'll see if there's anyone activated by mistake or something.

OK, I just disabled the "Enable Patches" option and will try out after configuring the plugin.
There is a pre made patch for it (ancient) which disables sound.Just go to Misc->Enable patches and uncheck it
That Plugin is so way better. Now the audio thing i get sfx but no Music or Dialog. Any way to get his 2 thins running? Any more magic plugins? Or was turning off the "enable patch" supposed to handle that?

Thanks again.
You can try ZeroSPu2 with time stretching enabled
I figured out what was happening. After I turned of the "enable patches" option i loaded from the SS. If i load from the MMC it gets the sound running.

Thanks again. Now i can enjoy the game properly. Laugh