Need help
Greetings,

This is my first post made on the forum and I'm happy to be here.

However, I have a problem with the PCSX2.

It lags on a Metal Gear Solid 3 game.

So you might want to know my PC spec.

Code:
My video card is  this NVIDIA 7300 GS:
Core Clock:      550 MHz      Memory Clock:      400 MHz
Memory Bus:     64 bit     Memory Size:     128/256 MB
Memory Type:     DDR2     Interface:     PCI-E  ?
ROPs:     4           
Vertex Pipes:     3     Pixel Shaders:     4
Graphics Processor
GPU:     G72     Process Size:     0.09u
Transistors:     ??M     DirectX:     9.0
Pixel Shader:     3.0     Vertex Shader:     3.0

I need to know what might be the best settings made for the the host of video plugs.

My CPU:

Code:
AMD Athlon 64 processor 3000+
CPU speed 1995 MHZ
Features MMX, SSE, SSE2

Ram is about 2 GB ddr2

Like I said it runs but very laggy, and I'm wasting time trying to figure out what is the best settings, by guessing..
can any one help me!?!?!

Sponsored links

Your CPU and graphics card are both very old and weak; you most likely won't get good performance no matter what settings you use. You could try using the latest public beta and experiment with some speedhacks.

For graphics, use the latest GSdx SSE2 plugin in DX9 Hardware mode, and check Native resolution.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Your system is very slow for PS2 emulation.. best thing you can do is check native res in GSDX and overclock your CPU and graphics card if possible (non OEM machine), and set EE and VU clamp mode to none if it does not break your game.
-Core i7 920 @ 4.01GHz
-EX58-UD4P
-OCZ 6GB PC3-14400 Platinum
-Sapphire HD 4870 1GB @ 800/1000MHz
-PCP&C Silencer 750W
-RAID 0 2x Seagate 250GB 7200.10RPM
-Windows 7 Ultimate x64
That did the trick!!!!

It is running way better, al most to fast.. But the sound is crappy. any hints on setting with the sound
If it's going too fast, go to Config > CPU > Select the 'Limit' bullet.

As for sound, try a different sound plugin, perhaps the SPU plugin if you aren't using it. Though if the sound is playing fast because you're FPS is too high, limiting the FPS (my first point) will smooth that out.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
You mean you got MGS3 running at a good speed on that hardware? What's your configuration, and are you running 0.9.6 or the beta?

I have to know, that's the only game I own that's too slow to be playable (runs at about half speed for me) Sad

As an aside, to speed it up you can also run the game at lower than the native res, down to 384x384 I think. It won't be pretty but it'll run better if there is still slowdown.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
thats impossible even my pc has minor proplems with this game.!!!!!!
(10-08-2009, 09:32 PM)coder_fx Wrote: thats impossible even my pc has minor proplems with this game.!!!!!!

Blink .....Glare .........*sigh* I never liked MGS3 all that much anyway.

Tongue
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit
well it did run very well at first but soon as I started to load in the cut scenes than it lag up. I don't have a powerful enough PC for this. But this Emulator, well go to my archive (as big old USB hard drive Back up). and I have to figure out How to burn the game to a disk in order to play it on my real
PS2//

Note: if anyone has any idea upon how to get a ISO file to run on PS2 that would be great. Far as I know do you just burn it like any other disk or is there something special you have to do.
(10-08-2009, 10:30 PM)youbob12 Wrote: well it did run very well at first but soon as I started to load in the cut scenes than it lag up. I don't have a powerful enough PC for this. But this Emulator, well go to my archive (as big old USB hard drive Back up). and I have to figure out How to burn the game to a disk in order to play it on my real
PS2//

Note: if anyone has any idea upon how to get a ISO file to run on PS2 that would be great. Far as I know do you just burn it like any other disk or is there something special you have to do.

*sigh*

No one here will assist you in burning an illegal ISO to a disc to play in either the emulator or on the PS2.

It was assumed you were playing a game you actually owned. Since you are not, we can't assist in this further.

//waits for thread to close...
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit