Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help backing up DVD9
I've tried 3 times to rip MGS2 Substance and don't feel like experimenting anymore... What exactly do I need to do configure in Alcohol 120% or ImgBurn to get it ripped properly? I can find a million threads helping to pirate but none for backing up Laugh

To clarify, the rip finished and I try to open the MDF (or ISO with ImgBurn) with PCSX2 and it keeps searching for the first layer, but can't find it

Sponsored links

Try with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin, also try doing a "System > Boot CDVD (full)".
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
i cant tell you the name of the program becasue im not at home but there is a tool specifically made to rip ps2 games onto your pc for this emulator

ive tried it with many of my games and they all work

ill get you the name of it when i get home this afternoon
I use ImgBurn to make/burn images and I don't have any problems.
The last DVD9 games that I made an images was Gran Turismo 4 and Xenosaga 1 and they work perfectly fine on my PS2HDD(cleared Xenosaga 1 three times already)and on pcsx2(I use Linuzappz ISO and Boot CDVD (fast))
Thanks for all the tips but I'm still not having any luck, it's a brand-new disc and everything...

(11-09-2010, 11:10 AM)vsub Wrote: I use ImgBurn to make/burn images and I don't have any problems.
The last DVD9 games that I made an images was Gran Turismo 4 and Xenosaga 1 and they work perfectly fine on my PS2HDD(cleared Xenosaga 1 three times already)and on pcsx2(I use Linuzappz ISO and Boot CDVD (fast))

Are there any specific settings you use besides the default? I think I'm having an issue with layer breaks because when I ask ImgBurn to get the info from the MDS it can't find it. I'd like to experiment with my Xenosaga disc but I heard it's tough to back up properly

Actually I tried earlier with another DVD9 game and found out if you wait enough it finishes finding the layer and creates a .ini file so it doesn't have to look for it later on, so just run it normally with the internal ISO loader and wait a bit (like 5-7 mins here) and then it will continue and not have that problem again Tongue2
(11-09-2010, 03:57 PM)synce Wrote: Are there any specific settings you use besides the default? I think I'm having an issue with layer breaks because when I ask ImgBurn to get the info from the MDS it can't find it. I'd like to experiment with my Xenosaga disc but I heard it's tough to back up properly

Default settings are ok but I just tried to start Gran Turismo 4 from the disk and whatever I try it always freeze at the first screen(I'm sure that this game worked before).
In the console I see:
Code:
* CDVD: Disk Type: Single-Layer DVD
and this repeated tons of times
Code:
loadmodule: fname cdrom0:¥IRX¥SIO2MAN.IRX;1 args 0 arg
open fail name ¥IRX¥SIO2MAN.IRX;1

The loadmodule is on r3876 and on r3596 don't show this but it freeze at the same place...most likely it's CDVD plugin problem
(11-09-2010, 04:08 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Actually I tried earlier with another DVD9 game and found out if you wait enough it finishes finding the layer and creates a .ini file so it doesn't have to look for it later on, so just run it normally with the internal ISO loader and wait a bit (like 5-7 mins here) and then it will continue and not have that problem again Tongue2

Wow, I never would've waited this long! It actually worked just as you said, thank you Biggrin

Yeah I wouldn't have waited that long either but I tried the newhostvm branch and it worked fine and the trunk svn so Air told me it created the .ini cache which made me try again to fin that out Tongue2