Need help badly.
I downloaded and installed this, and I ran Need for Speed U2 and it is in crazy slow-mo. My computer can run modern games on max graphics so it's not a hardware side issue, I just need advice on what to change to get it to run smoothly.

Sponsored links

Well, you shouldn't be comparing PCSX2 with a modern PC Game. PCSX2 can be more demanding than a PC Game (on max Graphics). So, Please post your PC Specs.

Also, try speedhacks, lowering the internal Resolution, etc. If you have a Quad-Core PC, then use MultiThread VU Speechack.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(06-22-2013, 08:09 AM)gluggle Wrote: I downloaded and installed this, and I ran Need for Speed U2 and it is in crazy slow-mo. My computer can run modern games on max graphics so it's not a hardware side issue, I just need advice on what to change to get it to run smoothly.

first off welcome to the pcsx2 forums

what are your pc's specs ?

what version of pcsx2 are you using ?
i'e are you using the latest stable build ?

or one of the svn builds ?

have you watched this video http://pcsx2.net/247-official-pcsx2-conf...video.html ?
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Need for speed games still not optimized in pcsx2
so u'll sure get slowdowns
i gave up very long ago on these games
btw they run little smoothly in software mode
so while game running press F9 for switch to software mode
But first set extra rendering threads to 2 (if dual core) 3 (if quad core) & tick edge anti-aliasing in video plugin setting
also tick enable hw hacks
configure-Set skipdraw to 1
also use recommended speedhacks & tick Mtvu muti threaded vu hack in speedhacks if u have 3+ cores cpu !