Im new to pcsx2 I downloaded it and i cant get more than 15fps of FFx

My laptop specs:
AMD Phenom II X3 Mobile N830 2.1Ghz
SSE; SSE2; SSE3; SSE4A support
ATI Radeon HD 5650
4gb Ram
Using Win 7 64bit

Any suggestions?

[and by the way i cant open official configuration guide it says : "You do not have permission to access this page."]

Sponsored links

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7
(it's close enough to 0.9.8)
AMD Phenom II X3 Mobile N830 2.1Ghz <----------- This is the problem !

Need more powerful processor !
Uh-uh. I've gotten better speed on FFX with my AMD Sempron II 2.1Ghz single core.

Use Speedhacks (set Preset to "Aggressive plus" or even "Most Harmful") and play the game from an ISO (not the disc). You can expect too high of a resolution to cause slowdowns sometimes, so consider using native internal res until you get better speed, but don't expect to exceed more than 2x or 3x scaling.

Don't be surprised if you can't quite get a clean, constant, full speed. I'll be surprised if you can't get FFX playable, though.
Lol, I can get 15 fps on Atom. I'm pretty sure the OP's CPU can do better.
Something was messed up in the emulater i reinstalled it and now i got 60fps on x2 resolution and with filteris is quite amazing, but half of the game is in slowmotion. I put all speedhacks on. At least now its playable.

Thank you guys anyway.
Did you max out EE Cycle Rate and VU Cycle Stealing? Tone down on those a bit.
the emulator can do so much but ur cpu is slow, it will rock the EpsxE emulator though, just take my processor, and get the Intel equivalent, or maybe even better.
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.