Need help running Ratchet and Clank GC
Hi,
I've been doing everything assumedly correctly but I can't get the game to run, it keeps saying I need a BIOS to run and I honestly have no idea how to do that. One thing I'm not sure if I'm doing correctly is that I'm just putting the PS2 disc right into the drive so if that's the wrong thing to do, I need to know.

Sponsored links

You need to dump the BIOS from your own PS2. If you don't know how to do that, Google it.

Yes putting the PS2 disc right into the drive is correct. Once it is in there, open up PCSX2 and go to CDVD -> Plugin Menu -> Plugin Settings. Select the drive that the PS2 disc is in. After that, click ok and go back to CDVD. This time, click on Plugin and a dot should appear next to it. The plugin to use the DVD drive is now selected.

Then just click System -> Boot CDVD and it should start. As long as you have the BIOS files.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
Looks like it requires a lot of waiting, and more work than it seems is necessary just to dump the BIOS... So much for this being an afternoon project.

Also, I think you might be referring to a different version of PCSX2, I have the Mac version and it doesn't have that kind of menu.
Woops. Didn't realize this was Mac Support.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0GHz
MOB: ECS A780GM-A
GPU: XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
RAM: 4GB Dual-Channel DDR2 400MHz
*FACEPALM*
Still it does not change you need the BIOS to run the emulator.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Even if you had a Bios, the Ratchet and Clank games aren't even playable yet very slow and graphic errors so just forget it.
I guess it depends on how high your standards are for what you consider "playable". I've almost completed Ratchet & Clank 3 with the latest SVN versions (on the second last planet now) and for the most part it's run fine, 40-50 FPS with speed hacks on the PAL version, on a medium spec laptop. The graphics errors don't matter that much to me, you can still see all the characters and effects fine unless they are far away, and there are some levels in which the lack of mip mapping doesn't even show that bad.

Anyways, if you do intend to play the game, you should try it on the latest official beta version, and create an ISO file of your game disc (download a program called Imgburn for that). It will fasten the load times and performance considerably for any game.
ultraiso dose reconise the ps2 dvd from anormal dvd so i recomand it