Need help running a game
Sad 
I'm trying to run Persona 4, however the audio and video is incredibly laggy. I've tried tinkering with the emulation settings and audio, disabling framelimiting, setting the audio to a lower setting to run faster, however it still runs poorly. I am using a laptop with an AMD A8-7410 APU with Radeon R5 Graphics and using an HP laptop running windows 8, this is not listed in the list of laptop processors that will work with PCSX2 and i have no idea if it can support SSE2. Help is very appreciated if anyone can figure out how to fix my problem.

Sponsored links

Ok, your CPU has a STR (single thread rating) of 925. That is not nearly good enough to run pcsx2 games I'm afraid. They recommend a STR of at least 1600 for the more moderate games. Up to 2000 for the more demanding ones. Persona 4 is on the more demanding side. So, unfortunately, nothing you can really do to improve performance with your current rig. You'll either have to just use your real PS2 or upgrade your CPU
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(06-15-2017, 05:59 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Ok, your CPU has a STR (single thread rating) of 925.  That is not nearly good enough to run pcsx2 games I'm afraid.  They recommend a STR of at least 1600 for the more moderate games.  Up to 2000 for the more demanding ones.  Persona 4 is on the more demanding side.  So, unfortunately, nothing you can really do to improve performance with your current rig.  You'll either have to just use your real PS2 or upgrade your CPU

Do you think you can help me then because i'm using a high end Pc and it runs like ***** it starts every cutscene and anything really happening on screen at 100% then it always dips to 50% and won't come back up until the next scene. So if you can help me out to that would be amazing because by all accounts I should be having no draw backs or problems.

Running

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Processor: intel® core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Ram: 16.0GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070
(06-20-2017, 02:50 AM)Dragonslayer793 Wrote: Do you think you can help me then because i'm using a high end Pc and it runs like ***** it starts every cutscene and anything really happening on screen at 100% then it always dips to 50% and won't come back up until the next scene. So if you can help me out to that would be amazing because by all accounts I should be having no draw backs or problems.

Running

Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Processor: intel® core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

Ram: 16.0GB

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070

Please make another thread. Don't hijack someone else's.
(06-20-2017, 03:07 AM)CK1 Wrote: Please make another thread. Don't hijack someone else's.

Sorry dude I just joined and I didn't know me posting here was a no no I just wanted some help cause idk how to make my own thread and I want to fix my slow game but don't know how.
[Image: 1497933292-snap-screen-20170620063403.png]
there you go
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go