Need help running my first ISO...
(03-07-2012, 01:27 AM)Flokk Wrote: This is what it should look like with the MTVU hack on. I don't change my EE Cyclerate but yeah.
More like you download the top revision and extract it into a place where you will see it currently I still have the 0.9.8 on my computer with the newest SVN in my public folder. You just copy over your memory cards and bios into the folder thats extracted and it works right off the bat as its the whole system.

Done thanks for the help. Still seem to have a tad of a fps/slow motion issue though Sad

(03-07-2012, 01:39 AM)refraction Wrote: Dont put them sliders up to full, its more likely to have a negative effect. Try keeping the ee one far left then having the vu one on just 1 notch

Yeah seems to work better like that, but like I said the fps/slow motion is still an issue. Getting around 30fps while driving a car on gta (best way I knew to test the fps on this game)

Sponsored links

Unfortunately AMD's will always be a lot slower on the emulator than Intel processors as you can see here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2
There are some optimizations done in SSE4 which will not work on an AMD chip (maybe if you have a bulldozer, but who wants one of them? ;p) which can bring quite nice speed increases.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(03-07-2012, 11:18 AM)refraction Wrote: Unfortunately AMD's will always be a lot slower on the emulator than Intel processors as you can see here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2
There are some optimizations done in SSE4 which will not work on an AMD chip (maybe if you have a bulldozer, but who wants one of them? ;p) which can bring quite nice speed increases.

What would you suggest I do to increase the fps? As of now with the best settings iv found from the help of this thread and trial and error I get around 30-35 while driving full speed in a car (best way I knew to test fps) When inside his house or the garage or w/e there is a big increase (up to 60fps)

Just looking to get it play full speed Sad

Do you have the mtvu hack on now? Apart from that, all I can suggest is you overclock...
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif?ex=65f40671&is=65e19171...551a681a&=]

(03-07-2012, 11:18 AM)refraction Wrote: Unfortunately AMD's will always be a lot slower on the emulator than Intel processors as you can see here http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2

K10 and lower processors in comparison to Core 2 have poor execution of SSE2/3 which in specially made benchmark tools take twice as long to perform in comparison to x87 FPU instructions.

Bulldozer has rectified this to some extent but suffers from a number of latency bottlenecks and bugs that occur because of the module vs cache designs.
(03-07-2012, 12:11 PM)refraction Wrote: Do you have the mtvu hack on now? Apart from that, all I can suggest is you overclock...

Yeah mtvu hack is on now. Whats overclock and how do I do that?
(03-07-2012, 08:58 PM)Rts420 Wrote: Yeah mtvu hack is on now. Whats overclock and how do I do that?
Overclocking is the act of increasing the cycle rate (Hertz, MHz, GHz) of your machines CPU/GPU, usually done through the BIOS, it can be managed by some applications. i highly suggest you do research into overclocking before you do it, as forcing your processor to run faster can damage computers.
Also, it's difficult to OC a 2nd gen core i mobile (such as i5-2410m), if its not in the BIOS you generally can't. YET AGAIN, do research into overclocking before taking any risks and potentially frying your machine.

Signature purposefully left blank.
I won't recommend overclocking unless you are a quite good in it and have a good cooler or else you have a fried processor.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]