Need help with 2 games!
Sad 
Hi everyone, I'm having severe issues with 2 games on the emulator,

1. katamari damacy
2. Atelier iris 1

I've tried both these games in pcsx2 0.9.6, 0.9.4 and the current beta. with katamari i can play it in 0.9.4 with any plugin and it works fine. but the framerate gets so ridiculously low really fast so its unplayable, in the beta and current release there's no slowdown but there are textures all over the screen that randomly change, you generally cant see whats going on. ive tried every plugin and this doesnt change, same for the slowdowns in 0.9.4.

as for atelier iris that works fine up until a certain point and then just closes. no errors. no indication of why. just shuts. that point would be about 10 seconds into the game where a girl walks on screen.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated as i really want to play these games.

for reference i tend to use the zeroGS plugin and my hardware is: 3.10Ghz core 2 duo E7400, overclocked 9600gt, 2Gb ram, asus p5 mobo.

thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

for katamari damacy enable both microvus under "config->cpu"
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
thanks for your help! didnt realise those options were there in the beta Tongue

anyone have any ideas as to the random crash in atelier iris?
did you try the latest beta revision of pcsx2, r1474? it seems to fix some issues with the gust games that were present in the last official beta r1329.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
i'm currently using the latest beta. like i said i just closes. i cant even get some sort of error report. i run these games in a window too as i cant exit from fullscreen without doing a pc restart.
For exiting from full screen,use Lilypad and check the escape from full screen hack. About atelier iris,get the latest beta and enable the gust game fix in the game fixes dialogue.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(07-14-2009, 10:17 AM)Bositman Wrote: For exiting from full screen,use Lilypad and check the escape from full screen hack. About atelier iris,get the latest beta and enable the gust game fix in the game fixes dialogue.

unfortunately i dont have that gamefix in the list for some reason i have the latest beta installed as well. the options in the gamefix menu are:

special fix for fatal frame 2
Special fix for digimon rumble arena 2
special fix for tales of destiny
special fix for tri ace games
missing ground geometry fix for persona
and a special fix for erementar gerad (elemental gelade?)

i've tried them all to no avail.
Hm my bad,the actual fix is already in the emulator and the behavior before the fix got into the 'fatal frame 2' gamefix..
Try setting every setting at default (gsdx,and mostly pcsx2 hacks and advanced). If that still fails you can try enabling the EEx2 speed hack,might fix it. I'll check it when I get back home to see if it is just your configuration
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I have tried heaps of cofigs but not every so i hope thats just it. in the game when the picture of lita pops up (for text not the sprite) it dies. i just noticed in the console that a bunch of red text appears but i cant read it because it closes on me. sorry i cant supply any more info
have a look at the emulog.txt for these red warnings/errors