Need help with PCSX2 and GT4
Im having problems setting up and playing games with PCSX2

On my living room computer (which is a AMD Phenom dualcore 2.8GHz, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, ATI HD4890 1GB GDDR5 and a Acer HD projector), i can set everything up, my controllers all work, i load GT4. I get the intro, setting up mem cards etc with no lag, no graphic problems, however when i start a licence or race, i get this:

[Image: pcsx2graphicsproblem.jpg]

The fps drops from 65-ish to 20-ish and the sound is all distorted.

That was last night, Today i tried it on my gaming pc (AMD Phenom II x4 965 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 1600MHz, ATI HD5850 1GB GDDR5 running 3x24" Eyefinity) and i set everything up the same as last night on the living room pc. Controllers and BIOS are all good, GT4 loads, but when asking to set up the mem card, the controller doesnt work. I double checked that the controller was setup in the options and re-bind all the buttons, but same problem.

I am using 2 BIOS (because i have 2 PS2, one i bought in the UK years ago and one i bought here in china) so i have PAL Europe v02.00 and NTSC USA v02.20. Ive tried both BIOS and same problems on each machine as above.

I know my computers are up to the job of running PCSX2, so not sure what is wrong. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be good!

Sponsored links

get into the game's options, and set brightness setting to 0.

dunno about that controller thing, though.
did you a try a different input method ? (dx API, windows messaging...) Are you using lilypad ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-06-2012, 10:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: get into the game's options, and set brightness setting to 0.
Worked perfectly, thank you!

(03-06-2012, 10:26 AM)jesalvein Wrote: dunno about that controller thing, though.
did you a try a different input method ? (dx API, windows messaging...) Are you using lilypad ?
Sorted it, had a dodgy PS2 controller to USB adaptor

My next problem is that during actual driving, im getting lag and jerk. fps are about 30fps compared to the 60 im getting in the menu system. Any ideas?
Its a very demanding game, you could get the latest svn build from our site and try the mtvu speedhack, that may help, other than that, keeping it in native Res and possibly overclocking your CPU
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-06-2012, 02:03 PM)refraction Wrote: Its a very demanding game, you could get the latest svn build from our site and try the mtvu speedhack, that may help, other than that, keeping it in native Res and possibly overclocking your CPU

Ok, ill check that out, but how can a PS2 game need more power than the PC im using? (AMD X4 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM and ATI HD5850 1GB) I would have thought the PS3 would use quite alot of power, but the PS2? It really old now.
(03-07-2012, 03:09 AM)nips_uk Wrote: Ok, ill check that out, but how can a PS2 game need more power than the PC im using? (AMD X4 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM and ATI HD5850 1GB) I would have thought the PS3 would use quite alot of power, but the PS2? It really old now.
The PS2 is a very unique piece of hardware, it's not a PC and has multiple processors that function with each other in a very specific manner, think of like trying to drive a Mustang on 2 wheels as though it was Kawasaki Motorcycle. it's possible, but you need special rigging and reinforced axles, shocks, etc. to keep the mustang stable+^_^+

Dud that some funny analogy Tongue
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
(03-07-2012, 03:27 AM)ChikTikka Wrote: The PS2 is a very unique piece of hardware, it's not a PC and has multiple processors that function with each other in a very specific manner, think of like trying to drive a Mustang on 2 wheels as though it was Kawasaki Motorcycle. it's possible, but you need special rigging and reinforced axles, shocks, etc. to keep the mustang stable+^_^+

hahahah thanks for that, Its definatly more clear now
As far as i know, PCSX2 is pretty much "unable" to run Gran Turismo games. Apart from the obvious graphical glitches, the game is also tormented by crashes. But that was maaaaany revisions ago, i don't know about now. You might want to play something else in its place.
(03-09-2012, 12:43 AM)nips_uk Wrote: hahahah thanks for that, Its definatly more clear now
the PS2 processor might have only been 300 MHz, but it also had 8 cores, since everything was run off this one CPU die. each core was custom made for it's purpose and takes a lot of resources to emulate on standard PC hardware. you can read more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emotion_Engine#Description
Signature purposefully left blank.