Need help with Suikoden III
Hello all,

I have been using PCSX2 for years, quietly reading guides and using google whenever I encounter an issue, but this one really has me stumped.
My laptop has a 4-core i7 processor and a Nvidia GT555M graphics card. It's decently powerful for a laptop and I can run just about any PS2 emulation on stable 60fps at 2x native. There are minor slowdowns here and there, usually for that 5 seconds where a cutscene has too much fog.
However, Suikoden III only seems to run at 30-40 FPS depending on the area (haven't been to many areas though, just the start). I have the lastest version of PCSX2, and I have tried DX11/9/OpenGL hardware/software, native resolution, as well as frame skipping. I tried to turn off as many extra features as possible and none of them seem to really improve the frame rate beyond maybe an extra 3 fps. I have emulated Suikoden V before with no problem at 3x, as well as many other similar-looking 3D games. Maybe Suikoden III is just done in a way that is especially taxing on hardware? I would appreciate any help with this and can provide extra config information if needed, for now they are pretty much all on balanced defaults. 

Thank you.

Sponsored links

what i7
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Suikoden III is pretty demanding, but EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing set to 1 will help it a LOT.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(10-05-2015, 05:03 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Suikoden III is pretty demanding, but EE cyclerate and VU cycle stealing set to 1 will help it a LOT.

Thanks a lot! 1 and 1 only gets it to 45fps but 1 and 2 does the trick.