Need help with configuration >.>
Hello there everyone. I'm new to this forum. I've been using this emulator over about 3 weeks already. The speed i'm getting for each game is 50% of the normal speed Sad

My computer specs are as follows :
Processor : AMD Athlon 64 x2 3800+ (2.01Ghz)
Graphic Card : Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4670 512GDDR4
Ram : 3.5GB
HDD : 80gb

Erm, so should i get a new processor or i need a new hard disk? i'm not sure which one affect the speed though. I always thought it's about my graphic card so i changed my old nVidia GeForce 7300GS to a HD 4670 DDR4. Though, the speed is still the same (only my computer games can run in high graphics though =.=). Erm, so can anyone give me some advice here? Thanks =)

Sponsored links

The culprit here is your cpu, which is quite slow for pcsx2.
If you can, then upgrade your cpu or else overclock it.
Okok =) thanks for the info. Then i'll change it to a better one then. Which one works better with this emulator anyway? AMD or Intel?
Intel mainly, the Core 2 Duo series works nicely,if overclocked. Remember PCSX2's speed is linear to the Mhz of your processor,so the more Mhz you can sqeeze out of it,the faster PCSX2 will run
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Oh ok. I planning to get a AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ at first, but i think i'll go for Intel Core 2 Duo instead. I try to overclock my cpu see how it works. if still like that then i really need to change one @.@
Please be careful with what CPU you get, make sure it's the right socket and works with your mobo. Your CPU uses the AM2 socket, which means, you can't use an Intel processor without buying a new motherboard... So... Unless you want a big computer overhaul, just get a new AMD CPU. You can use an AM2 or AM2+ CPU.

And you can use the ones listed as using Socket AM2 or AM2+ here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD...processors
And here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD...processors
You can use all of these CPUs: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD...processors

AM2+ in your AM2 socket will run slower than normal though, your best bet would be to use an AM2 CPU from the Athlon 64 list.
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
Yeah. Thanks for the advice ^^. I planning to buy a new motherboard anyway for my graphic card. My current one doesn't support crossfire >.< So i think i'll just buy change the motherboard and processor at one go XD
Again, if you're changing mobo, make sure it supports your graphics card slot and anything else you have plugged in. PCI-E vs PCI, PCI-e 2x, 4x, 6x, 8x, 16x etc.

There's nothing worse than spending money on hardware and then finding out you can't use it, do your research, plan ahead. Tongue
.:Intel Core i7 Extreme 965 OC'ed @ 4Ghz - EVGA X58 SLI - Corsair 6GB @ 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 - 2xEVGA GTX 285 1GB OC'ed @ 680/1548/1270Mhz in SLI - Dell UltraSharp 24" - Corsair HX1000W PSU - Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 - Antec 900
.OhmyCZ Vertex 250GB SSD 200/160MB/s read/write - Samsung F1 1TB
.:Windows 7 x64
Ok! I'll be careful ^^ I'll do some research before i buy my parts =) thanks!