Need help with my config, to resolve crashes.
Well let me first give you some of my specs. Maybe my graphics or sound capabilities just aren't up to par to emulate PS2, or something...

Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9950 Quad-Core
(not overclocked at all)
On-board *wince* Graphics Chip-Set: NVIDIA nForce 750a SLI
On-board NVIDIA sound
Ram: 4 gigs
Page File: ~13 gig (on it's own separate partition)
Tons of Hard Disk space free

I assume I'm doing something wrong in regards to plugins, though I'm not sure of what. The only games I own atm are Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance & Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II. Though; I am using the ISOs with the emulator.

The initial PS2 loading screen runs smooth. The games various manufacturer advertisements run kinda choppy (but not too bad). The games initial screen (a menu) seems to vibrate slightly, vertically. Then the games freeze after I get to the second menu (about 1 minute after 'Reboot CDVD (full)'). Some times if I button mash I can make it to the 3rd step of the menu. The freeze seems more to occur after a certain period of time, rather than something I'm doing in the games menus.

Here's the plugin / configs I think I should be using, based on the "Official English PCSX2 configuration guide v0.9.7". I have tried a variety of other options, in proper pell-mell fashion...

For graphics Plugins I am currently using:
GSdx 3693 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.16 [gsdx-sse2-r3878]
With a config of:
Direct3D9 (Software)
Interlacing (F5): None
Rendering threads: 3
(no Edge Anti-Aliasing)

For sound Plugins I'm currently using:
SPU2-X r3702m 1.4.0 [spu2-x-r3878]
With a config of:
Interpolation: 0
(Effects Processing is Disabled)
Reverb Boost Factor: 1X
Module: 1 - XAudio 2
Latency: 220 ms (avg)
Synchronizing Mode: TimeStretch
(all bars slid to the far right (highest number))
Audio Expansion Mode: Stereo
(Not using a Winamp DPS plugin)

Oh and I'm not sure how relevant this is, but the last line in the Log (as of a crash) is always:
(R5900) Re-executed ELF Entry point (ignored) [addr=0x00100008]

The only other line in the Log that seems like an error is:
GIFTAG error, size exceeded VU memory size 3ff

I don't know what either of these mean, if that wasn't obvious. Sorry if this is needlessly 'windbagy', lol. I'm just trying to be thorough. Based on the comp specs I've listed above, can anyone give me a vague idea of where to start with my plugins or what I might need to do differently?

Sponsored links

Neither game is playable yet with PCSX2 as far as I know.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
omg... lol. Well I supposed I should have thought about game-to-emulator compatibility when trouble-shooting, first. Thanks. Can you recommend a game that would be a good one to use when setting this emulator up? I realize certain games may need certain settings, but is there a 'game that runs the best'? Maybe I can find it at Gamestop, or *cringe* Ebay. >.<
You seem to have a slow PC so I would check this list:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LIST-Game...to-emulate
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64