Need help with the settings to get KH2FM running smooth D:
Ok so I've looked ever where to find the right settings but I realized that everyone has different computers so I need help with my semi-slow PC XD
So for starters here are my specs....

Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
CPU Speed 2.79GHz
2.00 RAM
32-bit Operating System
Also I'm running the PCSX2 0.9.6 version

I don't know if you guys need more of my specs but I think these are the basics.
So anyways my problem is that when the games starts it runs smooth but when I load my game the FPS drop to 30-45 FPS. I need to know what setting I should put to make it run smooth all the way, so plz help me

Sponsored links

Speedhack will help boost the speed alot but idk how stable it handles in that game. And you didn't post your GPU spec. Also why not upgrade to 0.9.8? Might provide some more stability.
Zidanex we also would like to know which PCSX2 version you are using and which non-default settings. Also your CPU is definetly gonna be your biggest bottleneck with most games. They still do recommend to have a Quad Core @ 3.0 Ghz for most basic games and even a higher clocked Intel for the more heavier games.
I new to PCSX2 so I really don't know what I'm doing.
How exactly do I check my GPU specs?
And I'm running PCSX 0.9.6

I edited the speed hacks to..
Use x2 Cycle Rate and I didn't check put a check on INTC Sync Hack, Enable IOP x2 Cycle Rate, or WaitCycles Sync Hack.

My Cpu configurations are normal along with my graphic setting. I didn't change those. Will upgrading to PCSX2 0.9.8 really help it? Let me know what else you guys need I'll do my best to give you the info you need Smile
Update to 0.9.8 or one of the newer SVN Versions which u can get here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php. Since 0.9.6. isn't supported anymore Smile
ok I upgraded to 0.9.8
I really hate to ask but do you think you can give me some setting so the game doesn't run slow OwO
I see a little difference in 0.9.8. Also I didn't change any of the settings at all everything in default.
I can't help you with that I'm sorry Smile Just use the search function of the forum, there are alot of people that asked the same thing and some even have solutions, but I am still afraid that your computer might be too slow for KH2 Smile I can be wrong ofcourse, since I haven't played the game myself, but nevertheless I'm trying my best to help you Smile
KH2:FM (or any game really) isn't going to run very well regardless of what settings you put in. Your CPU is at least 10 years old. But we can try anyway...Open up your start menu and type "dxdiag" (without quotes) in the search bar and hit shift+enter. When the box opens, click "save all information" and save the .txt file somewhere, open it and copy + paste the contents under the heading "system information". For example, mine looks like this:

Code:
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/1/2012, 09:20:02
       Machine name: HIGHTOWER
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.3GHz
             Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12270MB RAM
          Page File: 3616MB used, 20920MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

Do the same and we can go further. Also, what resolution is your monitor running at?
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.
I really appreciate you guys helping me ^w^
Here's the info you wanted...

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 3/31/2012, 21:47:43
Machine name: KINGDOMHEARTS
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dimension 5100
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A01
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2046MB RAM
Page File: 1279MB used, 2812MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode

And I'm running it at I think, Standard (4:3) 727 x 593
Ew, according to the Dell website you have integrated graphics. Sorry, I highly doubt you'll be running any games very well unless you buy a new computer. I don't even know if your laptop is DirectX9 compatible. Might as well give it a shot anyway. I should have asked you this earlier but can you open PCSX2 and open the console (Misc > Show Console) and copy out what it says under "x86 Features Detected:". For me it would be:

Code:
x86 Features Detected:
    MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3.. SSE4.1.. SSE4.2.. AVX

You'll probably end up having to run it in Software mode but I'm not too privy with this stuff. My computer is quite powerful and runs all modern games on max settings quite well so I just cranked everything up to max and it works fine, never really had to fiddle around with settings in PCSX2 before Tongue2 - One thing you must do is keep the resolution set at native. You're not going to be able to run it any higher than that.
MyAnimeList: http://www.myanimelist.net/profile/tyestor
Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/tyestor
Current PCSX2 version: v1.7.2460-windows-64bit-SSE4

The plural of anime is anime.