Need info from Pcsx2 coders
Question 
Hi to all awesome coders i have a question that what changes should i have to do in pcsx2 to make it for core 2quad processors..

Because I'm tired of using speed hacks..
Q2. Which software i required to re-compile core 2quad Pcsx2.
visual basic or borland turbo c or something else....?
Thanks in advance....
INTEL CORE 2QUAD 9650 @ 3Ghz,
6 Gb Ram @ 1333 Mhz,
SOUND @ 8 Channel SUB-WOOFERS,
Display @ ATI RADEON HD 3450 @ 512mb
(SOME DOWNGRADES)

Sponsored links

Youd need to do a lot of rewriting, if you dont know what you need to do, you are far from the person for the job.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(06-17-2011, 01:55 PM)refraction Wrote: Youd need to do a lot of rewriting, if you dont know what you need to do, you are far from the person for the job.

Ya i agree with your statement.
but why should coders didn't make pcsx2 foR core 2quad also i think they have to do changes by copying the whole coding and then a little bit of editing..
Because Intel i generation processors are launched and core 2duo is going out dated....
moreover, as it has been said so many times, making use of quad cores would surely not prevent you from using speedhacks...

and it would be "a little bit" of editing, but more a huge work of re-writing for what ? something like a 5%-10% fps gain...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-17-2011, 02:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: moreover, as it has been said so many times, making use of quad cores would surely not prevent you from using speedhacks...

and it would be "a little bit" of editing, but more a huge work of re-writing for what ? something like a 5%-10% fps gain...

5-10% gain = 6 more fps outof 60 foR ntsc directx 11 is giving 10-15% more fps which means a total of 15 more fpS outof 60fps without overloading cpu power or overclocking and rest 30 to 35 fps we all are getting every time
Quote:directx 11 is giving 10-15% more fps which means a total of 15 more fpS

??? what is this about dx11 ?
you're messing with both gfx et core questions ?
(06-17-2011, 02:22 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ??? what is this about dx11 ?
you're messing with both gfx et core questions ?

Well my dear engineer it doesn't matter what is messing or what is not the main thing is that If we get what we want @ more fps to successfully complete this emulator Project then we should give it a try
I'm not an engineer, nor a pcsx2 coder. But if you offer your skills to make te project use more cores, you need to realize what you're up to.
If it hasn't been done yet, there is a reason (hugely discussed through many topics BTW)
Complete the project and live tension free life with your family is my moto
Well you won
But think on this again....
(06-17-2011, 02:33 PM)ferrariii Wrote: (...)we should give it a try(...)
Then do it, nobody stops anyone from trying his strength over making some custom patches, it's open source. If you are soo good with it like before waking up(;P) then I'm sure everyone will thank you for your hard work later.

The most troublesome thing that stops any evolution in such way is probably synchronization between cores, which would probably decrease most of what could be gained and would turn everything more complicated ~ more unstable ~ not worth it etc. Besides it's not like in few years anyone will bother to consider 3 or 4ghz as "too high";P, lots of new promising materials were invented last few years and potentially will find their way into cpu's someday soo it's not like cpu power will stop increasing anytime soon=].