Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need simplified help for Dualshock 3 support.
I need help with understanding how to get a Dualshock 3 controller to work on PCSX2. I really hate motioninjoy though (I'm sorry, but it's interface is CRAP), but if it's the only software that does it right then I guess I have no choice.

I'm running a standard Windows 7 Ultimate x64 setup. The important hardware is listed in my signature.

It's an EON17S from Origin, but they get their cases from Clevo. It's actually CLEVO P170HMx.

The Bluetooth feature is part of my wireless card : Intel PRO Wireless Advanced-N 6230 + BT Wireless LAN Combo Module (up to 320Mbps).

Assuming that I have no software or drivers for this, where do I start?

Links to official download locations would be helpful.
[Image: signat11.jpg]

My Guide to PCSX2 for Windows (outdated, but still generally accurate)

Sponsored links

I totally agree that MotioninJoy has a horrible interface. Unfortunately, it does seem to be the easiest way to get a DS3 controller working, at least for me. Also the newest version even supports pressure sensitive buttons with PCSX2, so there's no need to mess with the libusb stuff.
I think someone should just take everything you need for DS3 support and shove it into Lilypad!

Unfortunately it probably doesn't work like that.

Anyway, back to the problem - what should I download and install, what do I need to do and in what order?

I don't freaking remember what have I done in order to make it work :/ otherwise I would help you...
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

there is http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

alas, no nt6 x64 support

(06-10-2012, 12:49 PM)Baal Wrote: I totally agree that MotioninJoy has a horrible interface. Unfortunately, it does seem to be the easiest way to get a DS3 controller working, at least for me. Also the newest version even supports pressure sensitive buttons with PCSX2, so there's no need to mess with the libusb stuff.

those assholes still haven't made the xbox control driver optionalGlare
(06-10-2012, 02:57 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: there is http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wr...Controller

alas, no nt6 x64 support

those assholes still haven't made the xbox control driver optionalGlare

Without 64bit support, it won't be much use to me or Alexander. Otherwise it looks like a good alternative to the ugly ad-filled mess of MotioninJoy. I'm a little too sleep deprived at the moment to be sure, but does that wrapper support the pressure sensitive buttons?
Are you saying that figuring out the mess that is Motioninjoy is the only choice I have? If so, please somebody give me a good explaination of everything I need to do in order, because their website's a mess.

I just hope that, before all of this is over, they create a new and simple plugin allowing full and easy support for a PS3 and XBox controllers. I know it increases the file size to include all the cool optional stuff I want, but it's totally worth it.

I feel so stuck.

This is very newbish, but PCSX2 is actually one of the first emulators I've ever used before (besides VBA). Most of this pad talk doesn't even make sense to me at all. That's why I asked for it to be dumbed down, in step-by-step format, so that a total newbie would understand it. Keep in mind that I've never had to install drivers and system stuff before - my emulators usually have everything I need bundled into them.

Btw Squall, you still have your online status set to away. You might wanna change that now.

(06-10-2012, 05:19 PM)Alexander Moore Wrote: I feel so stuck.

This is very newbish, but PCSX2 is actually one of the first emulators I've ever used before (besides VBA). Most of this pad talk doesn't even make sense to me at all. That's why I asked for it to be dumbed down, in step-by-step format, so that a total newbie would understand it. Keep in mind that I've never had to install drivers and system stuff before - my emulators usually have everything I need bundled into them.

Plug the DS3 controller into a USB port.

Download this.

Follow these instructions.

If you want pressure sensitive buttons in PCSX2 with MotioninJoy, follow these instructions, too.

They're rather detailed instructions and have pictures every step of the way. It's a better explanation than I can give. If something specific causes problems, I might be able to help.
I won't worry about pressure sensitivity until I get around to a game that actually utilizes it.

Will report back when finished working on it. Thanks Ba'al, what you posted is what I wanted. "Do this, do that, get this, okay you're finished."