Need some help with configuration
Hello guys, it's some days that i'm trying to tweak emulator to run smoothly with FFX but still nothing to do.

Here's my pc configuration:

Intel Core2Duo T8100 @ 2.10 Ghz
3 Gb RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 (yep, it's a notebook Blush)
Windows 7

On a side note, even if I know that emulators need a lot more "power" than games made for pc, I gotta say that i never had problems playing games with my notebook. The last was Mafia 3 just to make an example and it passed without any problems.

So, basically, it is my pc, or it is me that made it wrong with emulator setting? I wanna play only FFX, not everything else, just to make it clear Happy

Thanks in advance

Sponsored links

1 - it's your PC.
2 - Mafia 3 ? Where did you get it ? Didn't know it exists
3 - notebook aren't made for gaming
4 - tick native in gsdx internal res, set both clamp modes to none, and use some speedhacks.
it should work.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry, meant Mafia 2 but that does not change things Rolleyes It requires more specs than pcsx2 anyway. I already tried what you said so no, that does not work.

I tried with both gsdx 0.1.16 and 0.1.7 (both with ssse3), already tried with speehacks (tried with all of them) and still nothing. Here on forums I saw some old threads where people claimed to play FFX smoothly with less powerful systems than mine (even notebooks) so no, I don't think it the pc really, unless they played @ 30fps Wacko
Quote:It requires more specs than pcsx2 anyway

ok.
What makes you think that ?

post your pcsx2 settings, plugins config, please.
and what does the EE% & GS% in the renderer window's titlebar say ?
(11-19-2010, 12:42 AM)jesalvein Wrote: ok.
What makes you think that ?
Just compared Mafia2 requisites and posts on forums where people posted their pc config with wich they can play FFX smoothly

(11-19-2010, 12:42 AM)jesalvein Wrote: post your pcsx2 settings, plugins config, please.
and what does the EE% & GS% in the renderer window's titlebar say ?

Here you are Blink                                
in speedhacks : set vu cycle stealing to 0 and ee cycle stealing to the middle
in gsdx : don't use skipdraw hack

even with all this, I doubt it'll be full speed. But you should get playable speeds, at least
(11-19-2010, 03:11 PM)jesalvein Wrote: in speedhacks : set vu cycle stealing to 0 and ee cycle stealing to the middle
in gsdx : don't use skipdraw hack

even with all this, I doubt it'll be full speed. But you should get playable speeds, at least

Hmm, not going to be picky, I appreciate the help but i tried what you said and fps dropped down by an half Unsure
Thing is, with the VU cycle stealing set that high you'll probably only get fake FPS so check if it's actually slower and not just lower FPS.

Disable the mVU block hack as it will only lower the speed on this game, in fact you may want to try using "superVU" in the VUs page. That shot could also be saying you're being limited by your graphics card so try ticking the "native" checkbox in GSdx.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64