Need some recommendations on Gundam SEED Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II Plus
Hi all,

First of all, thanks everyone contributed for the great works of all these cool emu and plugins.

I have just got PCSX2 0.9.6 and the game Gundam SEED Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II Plus, I first tried to run the game without setting up anything and it ran horrible.

After reading the guide here and follow the settings it now runs generally ok, but in some instances there will be some graphical slowdown or slowdown/skipping with the sound.

Of course I want the best possible smooth gameplay in this Act/Ftg game, but there are too much to set, and I have also been playing around with the settings but it doesn't seem to have much difference.

Therefore I would like to ask if any of you have experience with a optimal setting for this game, or for my system. I am mainly after performance > quality.

Settings:
[Image: 01.jpg]
[Image: 02.jpg]

My system config:
32 bits Windows Vista Home Premium SP2
Core 2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4GHz
3GB DDR2 800Hz
512MB GDDR3 Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Also, I would like to ask about rom compression with Linuz Iso CDVD.
I have a 3.85GB .mdf file and it runs, I also tried to compress it to a 1.23GB file and it also runs, so what's the difference beside size? (like, how can it still runs when the size is so much less, and does that affect performance?)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

In short: Your CPU is too slow. You can try using the latest beta (1474) and you might get as much as 5-10 extra fps out of it... but you can't expect miracles unfortunately.

(edit) In general for 3d games you're going to need a 3+ghz system to get the games running full speed. That game isn't exactly super demanding, I can get it to run full speed on my system (see my sig) but that CPU is just not going to cut it.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Thanks for the reply.

Laptop CPU is really slow isn't it :/

But by reading the title bar the fps is usually ~60 and CPU % usually 40-60%, even when the slow down occur, why is that?
Too much going on at the same time. Generally it should be occuring when there are more than 2-3 gundams on the screen at the same time or when there is an explosion.

Again you can try to get the latest PCSX2 beta and the latest beta plugins that'll give you a few extra FPS, but PS2 emulation in general can be incredibly CPU intensive.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Koji is right, you do need a faster comp if you want play the game in full speed.

I have a quad Q8200 cpu at 2.33ghz with no oc can run this game at 100% 60 fps even with 1024 by 1024 internal res

Laptops arent really an ideal for gaming XD
True, but there are still some settings with better performance(maybe more problems as well) while some others are not.

Anyway I have tried the new beta and played around with the settings, I have almost all the options which are said to be speeding it up being ticked, with the exception of anything related to the microVU (which cause display problems and more slowdown).

Now it runs better, most of the 2v2 battles in arcade mode will not slowdown by much.

You know what, the arcade version of this game sometimes slowdown as well so the performance is acceptable for me now.

P.S. everyone knows that laptop is not as good for gaming as desktop, but there are people who need to use laptop for some reasons while still want to do some gaming.