Negative Color Direct3D 11
(06-28-2016, 02:45 AM)InanimateCrbnRod Wrote: OpenGL is slow on my laptop, and d3d9 can't use shaders, which isn't the end of the world, though the picture is noticeably better on d3d11, and faster. Oh well, thank you for your help. Maybe the problem will be fixed in a future release.
since dev is mainly focused on OGL renderer ATM, I guess it has been fixed...
You just need a decent GPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

Well It hasn't been fixed technically. I specifically stated that the problem was in D3D11, I was aware that it worked fine in both d3d9 and opengl. Its fine. I understand that very few people work on the emulator for no money, and it is excellent that we have as good a program as we have now, and I was unaware that OpenGL was the main focus for devs, since I have little to no knowledge of programming and have usually seen faster results when running in directx (which I believe is pcsx2 default setting?). Thank you devs for your hard work.
Quote:I was unaware that OpenGL was the main focus for devs, since I have little to no knowledge of programming and have usually seen faster results when running in directx
PCSX2 is cross-platform, besides Dx doesn't run on my computer. So I spend more time on openGL. On Nvidia, there isn't any speed difference (as it ought to be), however rendering/capabilities of openGL is miles ahead of DX9/11.
(06-28-2016, 07:24 AM)InanimateCrbnRod Wrote: I was unaware that OpenGL was the main focus for devs, since I have little to no knowledge of programming and have usually seen faster results when running in directx (which I believe is pcsx2 default setting?). Thank you devs for your hard work.
It isn't the main focus of the devs, it's the main focus of the single dev, who runs Linux so can only use OGL. DX renderer can be faster, but that's also because it's less advanced/accurate. And AMD and Intel GPU's can be very slow on OGL because of driver issues(dev also has Nvidia).
Does your laptop have Optimus? ?Becuas4e if it does that might be why OpenGL is slower. It might be using your intel iGPU instead of the Nvidia dGPU. What happens if you choose the nvidia gpu in GSDX?
Quote:dev also has Nvidia
To be fair, GSdx ogl wasn't faster when I had my AMD card.

Quote:Does your laptop have Optimus? ?Becuas4e if it does that might be why OpenGL is slower. It might be using your intel iGPU instead of the Nvidia dGPU. What happens if you choose the nvidia gpu in GSDX?
GSdx will report driver info so you can see if it uses the Nvidia driver. Unfortunately openGL can't select the adapter to the option is useless. Otherwise maybe the multi-thread optimization isn't enabled in the driver.
I do have optimus, but everything runs off of my nvidia, I've triple checked. I have multi-thread enabled, and have tried it with it off.