New Computer can it handle?
So I finally got a new Computer... Here are the specs

Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+
4GB Ram
Intel ® Pentinum 4 3,40ghz 3,40ghz

Can It handle Wipeout Fusion? Or any other games?

Sponsored links

That CPU is 6-8 years old. Did you fish it out of a garbage can? Regardless, any Netburst will have difficulty running any games at all.
You'll need a much better processor for most PS2 emulation.
At least somewhat modern, and having 2 physical cores is VERY important for performance.

That's a nice enough GPU, though. Smile
(07-27-2012, 10:51 PM)Rezard Wrote: That's a nice enough GPU, though. Smile

I run some DX11 tests with different games monitoring the use of my ASUS HD7870 2GB.

Many racing games like GT4, Enthusia, Tourist Trophy, Colin 04 and MTG3 use at most about 85%-90% of the GPU at 3x internal resolution. The strange thing is that using Native resolution still uses the same amount of GPU power.

But Toca 3 and Pro Race Driver drive the card at 100% when there are many cars at the starting line and the frames drop to 25-30fps!

In software mode everything runs full speed, so my conclusion is that besides a fast CPU you also need the most powerful GPU you can afford if you want to run some heavier games in hires and at full speed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 [email protected], P8P67, ASUS HD7870 CUII, 8GB 1600 GSkill, Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Having an all-powerful GPU is hardly necessary with PCSX2.

After mid-range, modern units,
you're just gaining what is usually excessive upscaling.

I can assure you that the CPU is the 2nd biggest factor for performance with emulation.
Compatibility would be 1st. Laugh
My GPU Works on x6 Native..
(07-28-2012, 04:20 PM)Isakilla Wrote: My GPU Works on x6 Native..

The GPU is irrelevant, PCSX2 relies more on CPU power than GPU power. If your CPU is weak but the GPU is relatively strong, you'll run into a severe bottleneck in performance. A Core i3 with 2.2GHz will slaughter a Pentium IV at 3.0GHz when it comes to performance, but not because of the clock speed, but the instructions, no. of cores and threads per core, etc. Simply put, the CPU is much too weak to run PCSX2 at acceptable speeds.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
the instructions have nothing to do with it ( nothing more than 3-5% )

after the Bulldozer got SSE4.1 he have beaten Core2Duo ??? by clock for clock Tongue
Where'd you pull those numbers? Instructions help, why else would they release so many versions of the GPU plugin? AMD isn't that great for PCSX2, Intel CPUs have better overall performance.
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
ok i will just wait for an experienced member to show up here and either support me or support you Tongue