New Guy and I need help
Hi, I just went through the official guide and configured everything, my system is a AMD 64 X2 Dual Core 2815 MHZ, 3gb ddr2 ram, and a MSI ATI R4650 1gb DirectX 10.1, Windows XP pro.

Plugins, for graphics I am running the GSdx 890 SSE2, Config windowed, Direct3D9 Hardware, Pixel shader 2.0, interlacing none, Aspect 4:6, D3D res 1024-1024, texture filtering checked, and alpha checked. Using lilypad 0.9.9, Cdvdrom P.E.Op.S.

Ok so now the problem im having, I put Spyro The external Night in and started it up and it takes a little to load then it goes through the beginning videos then when it gets to where the menu is it dont load up the selections just the background and wont do anything then when i exit it freezes and wont exit so i have to use task manager to end it. Its just super glitchy and jumpy, even when i execute it and have the PS2 main menu pop up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored links

Try getting the latest beta. It better in almost all situations.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I currently have PCSX2 0.9.6
Try getting 0.9.7, you can find it in the download section.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
ok i will try it out and let you know how it works thanks.
Ok so i tryed it, and it does the same thing so i put madden 08 in and that loaded but it is all slow and the audio is all glitchy.
It is just running really bad, wish i knew how to fix.
Some games are more demanding than others, very alike the PC games themselves. Some run fine in that reported machine with just a few speed hacks and some will run with the default configuration, but some will be very painful to achieve playability and compromises will be needed.

The sound issues most of times are due to EE cyclerate and laggy experiences are mostly due to VU cycle stealing hacks. Try different configurations until finding one that let you more comfortable or less annoyed at least. There is not much to do at this stage to overcome physical limitations.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Ok thanks i will play around with it somemore.