Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Life for Old PSX, PS2 and Pc Games! with CryEngine3
Heart 
The Cryengine3 SDK is become Freeware

http://mycryengine.com/

The programe is easy to use and everyone can lurn it.

There are so many tutorial vids on youtube.

So you can creat your own game with professional graphic , or edit textrues of old pc, psx or ps2 games, give them hdr light etc...

Crash Bandicoot Returns

The CryEngine 3 is well optimized it means you don't need a high end pc.

Dual Core 2.4 Ghz
2 gb ddr2 ram
512 Graphic Card

CryENGINE Free Use
You can use CryENGINE 3 for free in educational facilities, even if you are charging tuition. We have always offered our engine for free to educators, but now individual students can also freely download the engine and use if to learn about real-time 3D development.

CryENGINE 3 is also free for non-commercial use; if you are distributing your game or application for free (and not charging for your work in producing it, whether directly or indirectly), no additional license is required.

Performance of the Engine

Sponsored links

a cry engine ad thread. Laugh
(06-17-2012, 12:37 AM)xstyla Wrote: a cry engine ad thread. Laugh

Smile
AFAIK it is free since Crysis 1. Honestly I intend to download and learn how to use CryEngine after finishing some tests at skool, and I did it... 2 days ago. I'm interested in game related subject, and it is a pleasure to work with a good engine. Installing Visual Studio 2012 RC now... But I wonder what I how much efforts it takes to write something that looks like the demo above. I suppose all I can do now is drawing some stupid triangles, but everything starts like this. Smile

If you're intend to mess with PS2 games -- remake them using CryEngine for example, the copyright holders will not leave you be even if you do it for free. PCSX2 for example, Sony hates PCSX2 team for sure, but they cannot do anything yet.
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
(06-17-2012, 04:16 AM)Livy Wrote: AFAIK it is free since Crysis 1. Honestly I intend to download and learn how to use CryEngine after finishing some tests at skool, and I did it... 2 days ago. I'm interested in game related subject, and it is a pleasure to work with a good engine. Installing Visual Studio 2012 RC now... But I wonder what I how much efforts it takes to write something that looks like the demo above. I suppose all I can do now is drawing some stupid triangles, but everything starts like this. Smile

If you're intend to mess with PS2 games -- remake them using CryEngine for example, the copyright holders will not leave you be even if you do it for free. PCSX2 for example, Sony hates PCSX2 team for sure, but they cannot do anything yet.

I would like to see the SoulBlade Returns Smile
Honestly that Crash looks terrible. It just looks like a modern crash with wierd graphics.

I just prefer the style PS2 games had Laugh Hopefully somebody will make it like that.
Hey! PS2 had two styles! "Traveler's tales" style and "radical entertainment" style... But this program looks great... When I eventually repair my computer, I might make my own, weird looking game Laugh (For me.. ONLY... NO-ONE ELSE!)
[Image: PCSX2giorgakis132-2.png]

Thanks Silver112 for the sig! ^^

Deviant: http://giorgakis132.deviantart.com/

I love violins Tongue

Do you guys know something or two about the 'Black Mesa' project? That project is to remake the original Half-Life using Source engine found in Half-Life 2. Developed by a team of 40 persons, it has been 8 years, starting from late 2004, and now it is almost done.

We need another 40 persons and ~10 years to remake a PS2 game. Sad
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 | nVidia GeForce GTX 750 | 4 GiB DDR3 @ 533 Mhz | MSI G41M-P28 | Cooler Master RS-390-PMSR-A3 | Xigmatek TYR SD962 | LG Flatron W1943SE | HP KB-0316 | MotoSpeed F60
Black mesa project is doing everything themselves tho. They're using no original artwork or anything
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
The reason BM: Source is taking so long, unofficially, is because the devs/modders got cold feet about the quality of their work, and have since been farting around trying to make everything super-badass.