GPU : Gtx Titan
RAM : 16 GB ddr3
PSU : over 1600 watts (so ive heard)
HDD : 840 pro x2 one is full of my isoed games not pirated i made them iso
OS Windows 8 64bit

will this be fast enough for pcsx2 on x6 native recording at 4k uncompressed

and what fps will i get if i dont have a frame limiter on

Sponsored links

Wow! Your dad must be rich! Anyways, the world of pcsx2 games is yours to play at full speed. Without framelimiter on, it's impossible to tell how many fps you'll get as each game is different. If you look at the FFX-2 benchmark thread you can get an idea for that game.

But to get an extreme version of i7 does seem rather excessive though, as the gains don't match the price it seems.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Holy ***** that is one hell of a pc. Your dad must be loaded. Can you ask him to adopt me Laugh

Anyway, that pc should run pretty much anything.
-PC Specs-
AMD Ryzen 3600
16gb DDR4 Corsair 3200mhz
MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8gb 
Windows 10 Pro x64 
-Laptop Specs-
i7 6700HQ @ 2.9Ghz
8gb DDR3 
GTX 960m 4GB
Windows 10 Pro x64
(07-25-2013, 10:11 PM)KryPtoNiKFuZioN Wrote: i Just Heard My Dad is getting a new pc
because my is so slow he is going to allow me to use his
my dad is a pc gamer
his specs
CPU : i7 extreme 4930mx
OS Windows 8 64bit

Not even a titan can maintain 6x on all games... but it will depend heavily on which games you plan on recording. Something like Persona 3 will work great (maybe even with the gold hand enemies, which are known to slow even the faster graphics cards) but a game like Dragon Quest 8 will likely give it trouble even at 4-5x.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Rich I wish (if he was he would get me one also)
so it can play games on full speed Great
so about the extreme the parts are ordered
what about the x6 native and 4k uncompressed recording
And NO you're not getting adopted Sorry Sad
(07-25-2013, 10:36 PM)KryPtoNiKFuZioN Wrote: Rich I wish (if he was he would get me one also)
so it can play games on full speed Great
so about the extreme the parts are ordered
what about the x6 native and 4k uncompressed recording
And NO you're not getting adopted Sorry Sad

Unless you plan to run games on crazy resolutions far above 2000 pixels, there shouldn't be any point in going above x4 in scaling. The difference is practically invisible to the eye, and the demands in memory bandwidth scale accordingly with each level of scaling. So in a nutshell the benefits are miniscule compared to the extreme power your computer must offer in order to run such absurd settings.

I wonder if you'd try to assemble a computer able to run with x12 scaling if such a setting was available Tongue2
With that beast you shouldn't have to worry about speed in any games, unless perhaps those which are known to have issues.
Coornio: He plans on recording at 4k resolutions (3840x2160) so yes, it will make a difference using 5-6x.

Quote:what about the x6 native and 4k uncompressed recording

I already answered that in the post directly above yours....

Quote:Not even a titan can maintain 6x on all games... but it will depend heavily on which games you plan on recording. Something like Persona 3 will work great (maybe even with the gold hand enemies, which are known to slow even the faster graphics cards) but a game like Dragon Quest 8 will likely give it trouble even at 4-5x.

The CPU will be fine, not sure on the hard drives, I assume they are SSD's, but uncompressed would still be a monsterous drain on their write ability. You may be better off using x264 and setting it to real time... It's how I record all of my footage for various LPs. That CPU should be able to handle it though.

(edit) Doing some quick calculations... at 4k resolution, 32-bit color, and 30fps uncompressed you're looking at 949MB/s of write speed ((3840 * 2160 * 32 * 30)/8 /1024 /1024). That means 1 minute of video would be 57GB... Uncompressed is NOT the way to go for 4k video, x264 would be a must.
i wonder what his video card is...is he going for the OC editions of HD79xx~ or GTX 6xx~
(07-26-2013, 05:42 AM)smartstrike Wrote: i wonder what his video card is...is he going for the OC editions of HD79xx~ or GTX 6xx~

The OP? He said he's using a Titan which is currently Nvidia's top single-GPU design. Well, top GPU design for consumer use.
(07-25-2013, 10:11 PM)KryPtoNiKFuZioN Wrote: i Just Heard My Dad is getting a new pc
because my is so slow he is going to allow me to use his
my dad is a pc gamer
his specs
CPU : i7 extreme 4930mx
OS Windows 8 64bit

Value of all the parts you listed.

CPU 1000+ USD
GPU 1000 USD
RAM around 140 USD (need more info for exact price)
Need size of SSD for exact price....
Windows 8 home 100 bucks
PSU at 1600W (insane overkill BTW) need to know brand for exact pricing but I'm gonna guess around 300 bucks
Price of mobo ????

Added everything together and thats about a 3000 dollar system.

Normal people dont spend that kind of moeny on a system unless they have money.

At you he gave it to you and now you know the aprox. value of the thing.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3