New PCSX2 0.9.7 beta (r3878)!
Hey people,
today we make the second 0.9.7 beta release available: PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)!

The 0.9.7 series is marked as unstable/beta, meaning it still has some known bugs
and unimplemented features but it is fully supported by the PCSX2 team.
We've spent the last months on various aspects of the emulator, adding to the awesome progress seen in beta 1.
This release has been compiled with extensive optimizations, so you can expect a small speedup over r3113 Smile

Here's some of the changes:
  • Gui work: threading, layout and stability have been improved.
  • Some of the reported .ini writing issues should be fixed now.
  • Game database: bug fixes, more entries, compatibility hints for pcsx2.
  • Automated patching enabled now: known fixes/settings for some games can be enabled automatically.
  • Emulation fixes to microVU.
  • VIF/GIF work: Slightly faster and more compatible.
  • Much work on GIFPath ordering issues. many games with previously flickering textures should work better.
  • IPU retooled and optimized: A bit faster, a bit more compatible and much more sane (no more coroutines).
  • Removed hazardous MMX/XMMregister freeze/restore. Speedup and stability is improved.
  • Savestates are now free of memory leaks.
  • Disk swapping works on a few games now (not all yet though).
  • New "fast CDVD" speedhack. Load levels as fast as possible!
  • Console logging is now configurable to be as verbose as in developer builds.
  • Commandline support.
  • A lot of other small tweaks and additions.

We again provide 3 versions. A full installer, a web installer and a binary package.

Windows:
Full installer [12.0mb]: Round Robin Download
Web installer [2.87mb]: Round Robin Download
Binaries [2.92mb / 7zip]: Round Robin Download

(NOTE: Full installer includes Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables, which is ideal for offline installs of PCSX2. Web installer optionally fetches the Redists from Microsoft.com, if your computer doesn't already have them installed.)

Linux binary:
Round Robin Download
There's also a launchpad version for Debian / Ubuntu x86 available here.

Sourcecode:
Archive [6.82mb / 7zip]: Round Robin Download

[Image: attachment.php?aid=22556]

Sponsored links

Wow Blink Now that was unexpected! Keep up the good work!
Custom Desktop
CPU: Haswell Core i7 4770 3.40 GHz (3.90 GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
CPU Instructions: MMX, SSE1, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1,
SSE4.2, EIST, iAMT2, Trusted Execution Technology (TXT)  
RAM: 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
HDD: 3 x 1 TB Western Digital HDD
Video: eVGA GeForce GTX 970 4 GB GDDR5
Audio: Realtek 5.1 HD Audio
It was overdue Tongue2
We wanted to have some of these fixes out way earlier but it just wasn't meant to be Tongue2
what exactly are the extensive optimizations in this version with the normal svn one?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest

Uh I was just curious about the cdvd hack. If its going to speed up loading times, why did you guys put the [not recommended] sign?
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
(10-06-2010, 01:03 AM)VaynardX Wrote: Uh I was just curious about the cdvd hack. If its going to speed up loading times, why did you guys put the [not recommended] sign?

it has compatibility problems with some games (refer to the hdloader compatibility list to see which games work with the hack).
(10-06-2010, 01:08 AM)andutrache Wrote: it has compatibility problems with some games (refer to the hdloader compatibility list to see which games work with the hack).

This, and it's the same the speedhack says when you hover over it too Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Why still 0.9.7 beta? Why not go to 0.9.8? Good job btw.Biggrin Still have some problem on my side to run this. Blank screen on all game except Initial D Special Stage. I'll try figure out, may be something wrong on my PC. Dolphin run perfect after all... Huh
Visit My Blog: https://cyclonmaster.blogspot.com
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel
0.9.8 will be the next stable release, so we are still in beta.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I love you guys. I will test this Beta inside out with my games, once I return from school today Smile
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU