Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Xbox won't be that big of a leap over the 360 as 360 was over the Xbox
http://m.oxm.co.uk/49319/dragon-age-3-ar...-xbox-360/

IMO its pretty credible, because they would have access to the developer pack. They probably skirted the grey area of the NDA by just saying that much.

This could mean less of an uphill climb to emulate the next gen systems after we get the hardware to emulate this gen.

Some of the claims I've heard about the next gen systems being able to out perform the best gaming PCs right now is probably a serious exaggeration. They will probably be compared to a budget gaming PC at best.

Sponsored links

(02-06-2013, 06:06 PM)crimsonedge11 Wrote: http://m.oxm.co.uk/49319/dragon-age-3-ar...-xbox-360/

IMO its pretty credible, because they would have access to the developer pack. They probably skirted the grey area of the NDA by just saying that much.

This could mean less of an uphill climb to emulate the next gen systems after we get the hardware to emulate this gen.

Some of the claims I've heard about the next gen systems being able to out perform the best gaming PCs right now is probably a serious exaggeration. They will probably be compared to a budget gaming PC at best.

developing on a console is way more different then on a pc, the grapics will be miles ahead for the consoles exclusives compaired to the games today.
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
(02-06-2013, 06:38 PM)WarWeeny Wrote: developing on a console is way more different then on a pc, the grapics will be miles ahead for the consoles exclusives compaired to the games today.

Its not gonna be PS2 => PS3 huge, or PS1 => PS2 huge. Anyway we'll see, but I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

Its been a long time since I got wowed by console graphics. The PS3/360 never did that for me.

I got a really old PC sitting over here in the corner, an AMD x2 @ 2.4 ghz with a 9800GTX graphics card. Its got superior graphics to PS3/360. It can play skyrim with some texture mods, and it looks way better than Skyrim on 360. Hell I can even make Morrowind look better than a PS3 game.
You guys don't even know what's coming do you? You don't need huge hardware changes to make huge game changes they only need to eliminate the bottle necks of what we have now and it will be an amazing difference. Most of the time it is just memory that causes such a difference to what we have and what is possible. When these new consoles are paired with other upcoming technology we are going to see things we have never seen before. Cough cough* Oculous* cough, Move 2.0 , green screening... there is so much that is in the pipeline I think you guys will all be blown away 2 years from now. Contrary to what some people think I think when you look at the big picture and see what the changes are you can start to see a pattern of where things are headed.
(02-06-2013, 11:45 PM)neo3d Wrote: You guys don't even know what's coming do you? You don't need huge hardware changes to make huge game changes they only need to eliminate the bottle necks of what we have now and it will be an amazing difference. Most of the time it is just memory that causes such a difference to what we have and what is possible. When these new consoles are paired with other upcoming technology we are going to see things we have never seen before. Cough cough* Oculous* cough, Move 2.0 , green screening... there is so much that is in the pipeline I think you guys will all be blown away 2 years from now. Contrary to what some people think I think when you look at the big picture and see what the changes are you can start to see a pattern of where things are headed.

you say ''you guys'' yet i stated that the graphics will be miles ahead of what we have now....do explain pl0x
------------------------
------------------------
trolling mode: ACTIVE!
big memory is like a vast land you have to cross on a turtle back. No, is not only increasing memory the answer, that part about eliminating the bottlenecks makes a lot more sense, just than increasing memory does not fit it.

I saw that "another fantastic" MS idea and seriously I couldn't take it seriously Smile still I believe it will buy a lot of admirers, is that something about lighting the wall, from the demo itself was perceivable how boring that thing may become, way more than a bad implemented force feedback on controllers and that vibration thing is a lot annoying already.

Yet the possibility of actual immersion you mentioned, 3D goggles and advanced kinetics is where things may become interesting.

Edit: Let's take the graphics card as example, between a powerful GPU with X VRAM and a shabby one with 2X VRAM I chose the first anytime. On an analogy if you have a transporter able to carry a number of cars with an engine optimized for the task and then just increase the area so more cars can be put there, the engine will have bad moments to move the increased load.

This analogy is the better scenery to apply to increased memory because is not only the needed bandwidth to keep things going that's affected. In actual usage what is in the memory is heavily processed and this translate to increased load (actual vector processing and such) over the engine and then it simply can't do the job in due time. The industry is well aware of this and the increase on memory capacity follows the increase on processing power. The marketing many times comes with the idea of stuffing weak GPUs with lots of memory to improve sales but this is just a waste, almost a scam on unadvised users.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(02-06-2013, 11:45 PM)neo3d Wrote: You guys don't even know what's coming do you? You don't need huge hardware changes to make huge game changes they only need to eliminate the bottle necks of what we have now and it will be an amazing difference. Most of the time it is just memory that causes such a difference to what we have and what is possible. When these new consoles are paired with other upcoming technology we are going to see things we have never seen before. Cough cough* Oculous* cough, Move 2.0 , green screening... there is so much that is in the pipeline I think you guys will all be blown away 2 years from now. Contrary to what some people think I think when you look at the big picture and see what the changes are you can start to see a pattern of where things are headed.

I already got a very nice gaming rig, which plays PC games at a level that far exceeds console graphics and performance.

At the very best, consoles are just going to level up a little, but still be less powerful and worse graphics than a solid gaming rig.

The next gen will be able to run higher res textures maybe in the 512-1024 range. Due to having larger memory. That will probably be the biggest improvement that people will notice at first, but anyone who has been PC gaming is already used to textures that good or better.

I run 2k textures in Skyrim, with enhanced shaders and it looks very good, 60fps too. Phenomenally better than PS3/360 graphics. Skyrim on the 360 looks like a PS2 game compared to how it looks on my PC.

I don't know what GPU is going in the next gen systems, but it won't beat crossfire radeon 6970s, probably won't even beat a single one.
Whatever GPU they put in there, unless it's something extraordinary like the GS/EE combo was, it's not going to be much more powerful than the OCed 6850 in my other computer.
From some time now, people became so addicted with graphics that forgot what makes a game really good.

Edit: The youngsters may haven't know it ever.

PS: But then I may not be good example, you see TV itself was only on my late childhood, we hadn't these industrial toys to play with us, most of times we had to make our own toys and play with them.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Why do people keep comparing PC's with 360/PS3s sighs it's nowhere the same, if even most games on PCSX2 brings most computers to a crawl, what would you think would happen to 360 or PS3 games if it would be possible to emulate. The next gen Console the Xbox 720 and the PS4 are definetly way above the specs of any pc, even though the hardware is slower, the approach is different and thus it's faster then on a PC. And I agree with you Ken.