Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New about Sandy bridge , DID you Know ?
Question 
hey guys , i recently Discovered that New Sandy Bridge have Technical Problem ! They Have Problem with Sata Port that Reduce Performance of HDD & CD or DVD rom , & other problems too , i heard Intel Collect Broken Motherboards & CPUS which will take a Month to do it !

They say , some of Costumers didnt know about this problem & some Did kn& now they are Giving the Broken Mobos & Cpus back !

Should We Keep Buying Sandy Bridge ?

Sponsored links

Uh... problem is in the mobos only not the CPUs.
Only affects SATA 2.0 connections and the degradation would happen after weeks up to years... as far as I read anyway Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
????????????

what sata version?? 2.0 or 3.0
2.0 is in red cable
3.0 is in white cable and in sprial wiring like a telephone

and what mobo brand????came from Intel??? or other manufacturer????

well my friend advised me that my HDD must be double partitioned...so that it cannot hurt the performance of HDD.
Main Hub:i5-4670(3.4Ghz Factory Clocked),ATi Radeon HD7770(GDDR5+128-bit+1GB),Win 10 SL(x64),ASUS H8M-E,8GB DDR3 RAM
Data is safe apparently, and it's all mobo manufacturers.

I was planning on getting only SATA 3.0 stuff when I upgraded so it looks like I could get a cheap (defective not affecting me Tongue2) mobo then xD
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Hey!! Dont make up any rumours.... It might be the problem of particular Motherboards...
All are not faulty!!
Blink
[Image: wipe_b10.gif]
they are not rumors, ALL the new intel motherboards have this issue (H67 & P67)
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
All of them ? your Refering to P55 or 45 too?

So if its Only about Sandy Bridge then we should Buy i5 760 instead of new i5 2300 or 400 & if its about all of Intel Mobos then , i think AMD rig is better

What do you think , what will happen if i Buy i5 2400 or 2300 with P67a ud3 ?

will i have Problems with My Sata 2 Compatible Samsung HDD ?
Will something Reduce or Ruin Performance ?
which is Best to Do ?

1.buy Sandy bridge i5 2300
2.Buy i5 760 , older series of Intel !
3.leave Intel & go for AMD , PHENOM 965 BE !

I do Gaming , you remeber right ?

i mentioned ONLY H67 & P67 chipsets...

you can still buy them but wait for a v2 at the end of the month (opening of the next) and BE SURE it says v2

also the problem is VERY small (if you use ONLY sata III you will not even see it cause its ONLy sata III, and also it will take lots of time till you see it in your sata II) and all companies will agree to RMA a v1 for a v2 motherboard (intel orders).

also i have to mention that NOTHING ELSE will "break" (be it ssd hdd dvd bd) by using them on tha sata II ports (its just the performance of the sata port that will be degraded).
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
just to clear up.

SATA 2 connections: Only ports 2 onwards are effected (0 and 1 are fine)
SATA 3 connections: completely uneffected and afaik backwards compatible with sata2 drives.

So there isnt really any need for panic, unless you have more than 4 hard drives or 3 hard drives and 1 optical using sata, you can completely avoid using sata port 2 and above, thus not running in to the issue.
[Image: ref_sig_anim.gif]
Like our Facebook Page and visit our Facebook Group!
(02-01-2011, 08:04 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: they are not rumors, ALL the new intel motherboards have this issue (H67 & P67)

U mean Intel Motherboards??
That is it also includes other manufacturers joint with intel??? IS it like this??

Like GIGABYTE p67 UD4??

Another Version is coming, U mean Sata 2 to Sata 3...

And Refraction is right about that, I think there wont be any problem in using 2 HDD or 1 HDD and an Optical Drive..
[Image: wipe_b10.gif]