Poll: Would you like this system in PCSX2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.61%
53 73.61%
No
26.39%
19 26.39%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New automated memcard system
It strongly support this.
I tend to save a lot in games ( 50+ saves in FF XII ). One of the best features of emulation is, that you have virtually unlimited savelots. The downside is, that I have to switch memory cards very often - every time I play another game. This change would save me a great deal of time.

Another benefit is, that I can store and archive my saves with ease. No need to boot the bios and copy saves around.

And then there's the a small fear that some game might corrupt my memorycard. This might be unlikely now, but you never know.

The size of the memory cards is of little concern to me. Savestates use way more space and I usually have 10 of them per game. Furthermore 1TB harddrives are cheap and I just recently bought 3 Smile
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.

Sponsored links

hi guys,

I think ist a good idea.......But for example if you have a game that only use 50 or less KB than you would had a couple of memcards and a waste of space and right the organisation would be great but I prefer to save the memcards manualy and compress them manualy yours elf with 7zip or winrar like i do and I think WE only need more space on one memcard but good idea you posted even if it would be possible to enable/disable it Im not for this change reason SPACE WASTE. I hope i could explain my mind to your and i hope you understand me Laugh anyway GREAT WORK !! Happy

Adrian
Sounds like a damn fine idea to me.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
We already have the code to enable NTFS compression automatically Smile
Yeah that is easily taken care of as I said in my first post by making the folder NTFS compressed.Then the 50kb save memcard would be compressed to 50kb.
Anyway another issue has come at hand, 2 disc games,which break the current layout. This idea will probably be scrapped i'm afraid Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Indeed 2 game discs make this very difficult to do at the current stage
Why not use the game identifier? Like "SLUS...", "SCUS..." ...
Reading the OFFICAL GUIDE can answer 90% of your newbie questions
SEARCHING the forums can answer 90% of your advanced questions.
Not an option,some games share it it is not unique.That's why the crc system was made
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Cause, be as they may, they are NOT actually unique. We have already thought that, but...
what about an exception list?

crc:blabla
use the memory card for "crc: blabla2"

everyone could do their own as they need (like patches) with an easy syntax
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm