Poll: Would you like this system in PCSX2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.61%
53 73.61%
No
26.39%
19 26.39%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New automated memcard system
Yay my idea was picked up Laugh
Fighting for peace is like ***** for virginity ...

Failure is not an option | It is bundled with your Microsoft product

Sponsored links

(02-09-2009, 02:39 PM)rama Wrote: If you use savestates regularly, then the chance to kill your memory card (and all saves for each game you play)
i pretty high.

would you mind to go into detail on this one please? I do use save states a lot and missed that it can screw up memory cards.
Couldn't find a topic on this while searching the forum, except some incompatibility with old memory cards in new builds. Thanks Smile
Usually a game checks memcards every time the dialog pops up. However this is not the case all the time. I know at least one game where loading state and then trying to save from memcard corrupts the card: Okami. For some reason this game has some sort of cache that shows all the previous saves if you load state and it can completely screw up your card if you try to save after loading state.

By the way I'm 100% for this idea even if it doesn't work on multi-disc DVDs.
Exactly what coisman said Tongue2
But Jake seems to have found a solution to that problem, which could solve most corruptions Smile
now i wish i could change my vote to "yes". A reminder to myself, to never decide when you dont know all the facts Laugh

Btw if you think about personalizing memory cards, why stop there. How about profiles including all important options Smile
Been doing one memcard per game for a while... also regular backups of those.

Better safe than sorry.
Waste of HDD space......
(02-09-2009, 07:06 PM)rama Wrote: Exactly what coisman said Tongue2
But Jake seems to have found a solution to that problem, which could solve most corruptions Smile

seems like it's commited svn rev 459
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
it would be a good idea if this could be changed on the fly, or having each card only 1-2mb per file (if possible) this would allow for data-import like in the .hack series

and I was just thinking about this:

each PS* disc has a SLUSxxx.xx file (us ones anyway, others have diferent names, but same format) can't you use that from the cDVD to make each card like a PSP does? (just an idea though)
pros(for me)
I got many just-ingame titles and have checked them so often when newer rev come out.
And switching statesave slots is a bit bother so automatically ensuring statesaves for each game is nice.

cons
Diskspace for 8MB x N.
I feel 8MB per game is a lil big but it may be tiny thing at this 1TB 100$ time.
About messing up the memcards being procuded one after another, specific memcard will be named their own titlename or something right? So no matter, rather helps managing.

So I vote for Yes.
I think the more options, the better usability as long as it has nothing to do with lowering FPS.
If there will be a switch to disable the function.It will be no prob for ppl disagree?
However current memcard way(1memcard is enough) + some statesave modifying(like graphical indicator?) is best solution for my use.