Poll: Would you like this system in PCSX2?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
73.61%
53 73.61%
No
26.39%
19 26.39%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

New automated memcard system
It's an awesome idea, that I do believe should be implemented. I am 100% for this. Hopefully, by the time i get done working on some of my issues on my new compiled version I should be abled to check it out, that is if you decide to implement it and if I take sometime off.
System Specs:

AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ @ 2.20Ghz | 1 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE 512MB | Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32bit

Sponsored links

sounds like a good idea, if its extra code in the emulator maybe code it into the plugin system so it can be changed that way (ie plugin for the normal saving ways, and plugin for the new per-game basis), i always wondered why there was no plugin system for the memcard since there is for usb,firewire,video,controler..etc)

this way it would keep the code out of the main binary, although im not sure that would help speed at all Smile
(02-09-2009, 11:26 PM)hyakki Wrote: this way it would keep the code out of the main binary, although im not sure that would help speed at all Smile
might slow it down more, donno.
what happens if your save game description has a japanese,chinese character or ASCII code does it require East Asian Language or it does not matter?
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/tb...global.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/tb...apchar.jpg
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I play some jp games on mine, US 1.6 bios, it has no issues reading or playing them.
i'm all for this, just bcuz i have removed my flash card without waiting for the program to close properly and when i go to load the gamesave i see that it's corrupted and i have to fallback to any backup i have Sad, also i prefer for it to be disabled at start.

now i got a question about the game specific memcard, let's say that you make a lot of saves from the same game, would it save all in the same game-specific memcard or will it save it separately? (like "game's crc+a number.ps2") Unsure
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
i reject this, i just use sstates frequently and memcard slightly, so it's meaningless for me
Unstickied. As said, we have difficulties, and so we will not be able to do this nicely anytime soon.

But you can keep voting if you want, this poll is interesting...
hey krakatos did you see my question? (3 posts above) Unsure
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
You would have your 1 or 2 game specific memcards (depends what you choose) and save normally. Maybe if we do code this, there will be a possibility to swap memcards to have more than 2.

But it's all in the air right now.