New feature-Needs testing!: GSDX: Changes to RT buffer size scaling
The following PR impacts the Rendering target buffer size calculation at upscaling. It seems to fix some weird upscaling issues on games with weird height (or) higher buffer size.

Build download link: here

Please check whether the build causes any regressions on upscaling as it highly influences the scaling of height size. Also, if anyone has Baldur's gate please check whether it works fine on resolutions higher than native, Thanks. Smile

Sponsored links

Known current issue (from a previous diff): Baldurs Gate 2. Will retry it at about 7pm GMT tonight, if somebody doesn't beat me to it ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I don't have any Snowblind games, but I just reminded myself I do have some of the demo's. Tongue2 I tried the Baldur's Gate (DA) 1 demo, and it's fine with the new commit. I also tried it with the previous commit and it's half-screen there, just like what refraction experienced with BA2. So BA2 should be fine in the latest commit too.

EDIT: It is bugged in D3D9, but that also goes for the master branch.
D3D9 will be eternally bugged Smile

Moved to General discussion and support forums to get more test cases on the Pull request branch.
I don't know if this change is also supposed to fix the DMC problem but I guess it's not
Devil May Cry 1 - no change,you still see that things at the upper left(known problem,that's why I'm not showing an image)while using scaling modes
(02-09-2016, 01:14 PM)ssakash Wrote: Also, if anyone has Baldur's gate please check whether it works fine on resolutions higher than native, Thanks. Smile

Just tested:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
Champions of Norrath
Champions: Return to Arms

Didn't notice any new problems running at 3x Native on OpenGL (hardware).
Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel Core i7 4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo | Samsung S23A700D
(02-09-2016, 06:20 PM)vsub Wrote: I don't know if this change is also supposed to fix the DMC problem but I guess it's not
Devil May Cry 1 - no change,you still see that things at the upper left(known problem,that's why I'm not showing an image)while using scaling modes

Yeh that's due to a lack of support for post processing which is done in blocks, the top left one is the only correct block, which is a different issue.

Updated the build download link on the first post. Please test for regressions and also on whether it fixes any upscaling issues ( look out for games with weird height , width values)

currently it fixes some upscaling issues on Richard Burns Rally and Crash Nitro Kart.

@VSub @Dreadmoth  @FlatOut

Thanks for the testing ! reputation points distributed Smile