New feature-Needs testing!: (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support
(09-28-2016, 12:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: A lot of people don't know the setting is there though. That's why I mentioned it. I played for 6 hours before I remember it had progressive mode @_@
A lot of people also don't know some games have in-game widescreen and 60hz(PAL) options, but no one mentioned those here... Laugh

Sponsored links

Tested the option under linux, using git revision 1.5.0-50160927120617 (git)

I get a significant boost to emulation speed on the gpu side with mipmapping enabled for hardware. Like gains of 14-20 fps significant. Whatever else mipmapping did it also increased my speed. Anyone have a link to the git revision implementing hardware mipmapping?

Specs that matter are Nvidia geoforce 750m and Intel core i7 4700mq with nvidia binary version 370.28.

Thought I would make a account to thank the dev who sent in this patch set.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, i just got done recording a lot of gameplay of the first game. Looks ***** amazing
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-27-2016, 07:34 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: @Gregory - yeah I know OGL HW fixes the shadows(it fixes the issue in Aquatos too) but it kills my poor AMD card. Normally I get fullspeed 99% of the time. With OGL HW I get fullspeed 0% of the time XD. Either way the shadow issue is very minor even in D3D11 and skipdraw fixes the issue in Aquatos.
Well, GL lobying Smile The shadows is linked to accurate blending. Maybe it will be possible replace it with an alpha float multiplication blending. It will be a bit less accurate but much faster (3 draw calls versus a thousand). It could worth some investigations.

(09-28-2016, 03:46 AM)noob33 Wrote: Tested the option under linux, using git revision 1.5.0-50160927120617 (git)

I get a significant boost to emulation speed on the gpu side with mipmapping enabled for hardware. Like gains of 14-20 fps significant. Whatever else mipmapping did it also increased my speed. Anyone have a link to the git revision implementing hardware mipmapping?

Specs that matter are Nvidia geoforce 750m and Intel core i7 4700mq with nvidia binary version 370.28.

Thought I would make a account to thank the dev who sent in this patch set.
It is me Tongue2 https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/commit/76...cbd748f49d

I wasn't sure about the potential speed up but yes it could be an interesting side effect. GSdx need to convert texture from GS to GPU format. Mipmapping will greatly reduce the texture size. First level is 4 times smaller, 2nd level is 16 time smaller. So if you don't need the first layer, it would be much faster to convert/transfer the texture. Beside I think it avoids some wrong texture evictions from the texture cache which reduce further the CPU load.
Shox with mipmap issue.
It's fixed now .
You are great,thanks a lot!

[Image: 2v8he8l.jpg]
[Image: 282dixh.jpg]
Oh cool
in my case with R&C with OGL i can have like 30 to 45 fps i have a 290X
SO it0s very strange because i have all the other games around to 60 fps or 60 fps always
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75
MoBo: MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT  
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
RAM: Corsair 16 GB 1600 Mhz

Desktop
[Image: 1086677.png]

Laptop
[Image: 872520.png]
Disable accurate blending (shadow will be wrong but it will be faster)
(09-28-2016, 08:03 PM)gregory Wrote: Disable accurate blending (shadow will be wrong but it will be faster)

You can't disable accurate blending on AMD cards. it'll cause a driver crash
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(09-28-2016, 08:09 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: You can't disable accurate blending on AMD cards. it'll cause a driver crash
You can with older driver versions.