New feature-Needs testing!: (GSdx HW mode) Experimental mipmap support
The amazing Gregory recently added experimental support for mipmapping in GSdx hardware mode. It's already merged into the latest PCSX2 which you can get from the buildbot. To enable it, you need software mode mipmapping enabled(it is by default), you need HW hacks enabled in GSdx and you need to put:

Code:
UserHacks_mipmap = 1

in your GSdx ini. Some games work really well already(Ratchet and Clank), some games somewhat better(Ace Combat) and some games may be broken. Please post your results here as well as any questions.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

You can also toggle the option on and off in Hardware with the Insert key (just like Software mode).

Let's also keep a list of tested games here(added comments from the git issue):

R&C 1 - works really well
R&C 2 - works really well
R&C 3 - works really well
Jak & Daxter 1 - ???
Jak II - works really well
Jak 3 - works really well
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - works really well now
Legacy Of Kain: Defiance - ???
Ace Combat 4 - Works really well now
Ace Combat 5 - Works really well now
Ace Combat Zero - ???
Ape Escape 2 - Works well, but needs trilinear option for best results.
Destroy All Humans - Pretty good, but needs skipdraw set to 5 to fix other issues to enjoy the results.
Destroy All Humans 2 - Pretty good, but needs skipdraw set to 5 to fix other issues to enjoy the results.
Tribes: Aerial Assault - Objects look good, but ground textures seem to change at the wrong distances.
FIFA 2003 - Looks great, but needs trilinear option for best results.
FIFA 2004 -
FIFA 2005 -
Jurassic Park - Operation Genesis - looks much better.
Ricky Ponting International Cricket - almost perfect now.
Brian Lara International Cricket 2007 - almost perfect now.
ICO (god rays are missing) - ICO rays are visible in intro (should be ingame too).
Harry Potter Half Blood Prince - is looking exactly like Sw mode.
OMFG this is awesome news, thanks for the hard work!

Will get to testing Smile
Great News!!!! This emulator keeps getting better and better thanks to a group of talented and devoted team!!!!
in Destroy all humans it has bugged the ground and a lot of things i will send you a report
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75
MoBo: MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT  
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
RAM: Corsair 16 GB 1600 Mhz

Desktop
[Image: 1086677.png]

Laptop
[Image: 872520.png]
(09-25-2016, 10:26 PM)dokman Wrote: in Destroy all humans it has bugged the ground and a lot of things i will send you a report
It's a known issue. It's not related to mipmapping. Wink
(09-25-2016, 10:28 PM)FlatOut Wrote: It's a known issue. It's not related to mipmapping. Wink
i've seen it right now is really perfect with the frameskip to 5 and with mip mapping
it has the camera problem but it works great
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4 Ghz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H75
MoBo: MSI Z97S SLI KRAIT  
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290X
RAM: Corsair 16 GB 1600 Mhz

Desktop
[Image: 1086677.png]

Laptop
[Image: 872520.png]
R&C still has a minor mipmapping issues in isolated frames, it occurs at the frame when the mipmap level shifts I guess.
Just FYI:

Fezzer, Nobbs and I all get crashes in R&C(them in 2, me in 3) with the latest build and HW mipmapping. We haven't yet isolated if it's related to having hw mipmap enabled(need more tests) or something else. Nothing useful appears in the log and the crashes are random complete exits of the PCSX2 process.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-26-2016, 06:29 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Just FYI:

Fezzer, Nobbs and I all get crashes in R&C(them in 2, me in 3) with the latest build and HW mipmapping. We haven't yet isolated if it's related to having hw mipmap enabled(need more tests) or something else. Nothing useful appears in the log and the crashes are random complete exits of the PCSX2 process.

3 works fine for me, let me test 2. I'll also test jak and daxter.

edit - actually j&d never had mipmap issues. it works the same