New here,check my specs
Hello everyone!I am new here and i have some questions.

My current specs

Intel i3 2.93GHz
ATI 5850
Ram 2 gb

I can play most of the games,but i still feel lag sometimes.I have tried both the beta and Pcsx2 0.9.6.The 0.9.6 works most of the time,but when i play certain games such as Suikoden V and Grandia III,there r times when i feel lagging and the FPS drops too low(The starting scene where the plane crashes).Besides that,in Grandia III,during FMV,the graphic quality drops.

As for the Pcsx2 beta,it does solves my FPS problem and the graphic quality during FMV for most of the games,but then it hangs sometimes.And the save states doesnt work.Whenever i save a state and load it back,it says save state incomplete and pcsx2 beta crashed.

Wat should i do?Change configurations?Stick back to Pcsx2 0.9.6?Or overclock my processor although i have no idea how?

Sponsored links

Give us your settings first!
Tongue Skype: lucasboy_k // If you need me, just write to me, tell me who you are and I'll do what I can to help you Wink
I don't think you can play all games without any lags at all until you overclock to at least 3.5GHz, even then you'd probably still get lags from time to time in some games.

Anyway, try some speedhacks and the latest beta Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Oh!Sorry sorry miss that out!~

This is the settings for the Pcsx2 0.9.6

Gsdx 890(MSVC 15.00,SSE41)0.1.14

Resolution:Windowed
RendererLaughirect3D10(Hardware)
ShaderTongueixel Shader 3.0
Interlacing:None
Aspect Ratio: 4:3
D3D internal res:1024 x 1024
SW rend threads : 1

NLOOP hack,enable tv out,logarithmic z,wait sync,texture filtering,alpha correction : ON

SPU2-X

Interpolation : Linear
Output Settings > Module : Xaudio2

Other settings by default

CDvdrom : P.E.Op.s CDVD(CDDA mode)1.3.0

Controller : Lilypad 0.9.9

As for the Pcsx2 beta,the settings r more or less the same
(05-18-2010, 09:09 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: I don't think you can play all games without any lags at all until you overclock to at least 3.5GHz, even then you'd probably still get lags from time to time in some games.

Anyway, try some speedhacks and the latest beta Tongue

I did try to use the speedhacks,didnt help much Sad

Really hav to overclock to 3.5Ghz?Aww..the problem is i dont really understand nor know how to overclock Sad
Yeah, sometimes with speedhacks may crash in games. For suikoden V game, i already play this game but iam not finished yet. In early chapter in fighting championship, you have to skip FMV in semifinal with skip Mpeg in option. After that you can save then off skip option. As far as i know this only one bug for this game.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
So my Pcsx2 settings no problem right?But how come my Pcsx beta cant use the save states?
Save states are not always compatible with older/newer versions, use normal memcard saves instead.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-19-2010, 06:53 AM)kenshihimura Wrote: So my Pcsx2 settings no problem right?But how come my Pcsx beta cant use the save states?

it can use them. but if u have taken them from a previous version of the emulator then its only natural it cant!

edit: lol we posted at the same time Tongue

edit2: we rock Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
it can.
but save states are not compatible from a version to another.
just transfer your memcards and play with them.
use savestates only when you encounter hard bosses fights (for instance)

Edit : 3 answers at the exact same time. That's a new record :d
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Hm..i didnt copy the save state from the Pcsx2 0.9.6.Everything in Pcsx2 beta is juz wat i've downloaded from the official website,including the plugin.I only copy the memory card from the previous version.But then i cant save state in Pcsx2 beta =(

Btw,i am now learning how to overclock my Intel i3 2.9Ghz to 3.6Ghz =D Hopefully i can reduce my lagging when playing games